Dear GMS Families,
As a reminder,
tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18 is our drive-thru day for picking up learning materials
for your toddler through eighth grade student. Stay tuned for a joint email from
with more detail on remote learning later today.
When you come to campus tomorrow, follow the drive toward the Upper School, round the cul-de-sac, and pull up to the side Gym door. Your administrators will bring your learning materials to you in your car. Please stay in your car. If you are experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness (FEVER, COUGH, SHORT BREATH) please do not come on our campus at all. You may pick up learning materials for other families with their permission.
- Morning car line will be open 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch car line will be open 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Additionally, many of our families are asking about ways to support the Greensboro community. We have partnered with
, a local nonprofit, for many years. Backpack Beginnings helps children experiencing food insecurity by providing backpacks full of food and love for long weekends and breaks from school. As you can imagine, their need is as great as ever. While many of us have stored up food for ourselves, families who are food insecure do not have the same luxury. To help them during these unsettling times, we will accept donations for Backpack Beginnings at the same time as our drive-thru car lines:
- Backpack Beginnings greatest needs are bags of microwavable rice, breakfast bars, and individual servings of Chef Boyardee with pop-top lids.
- Other needs include include healthy snacks, healthy cereals, just-add-water mac and cheese, ready-to-eat tuna kits, Campbell's microwavable soup bowls, pop-top cans of fruit, and microwavable oatmeal.
- BackPack Beginnings has a COVID-19 response webpage where families can learn more about their needs and the safety precautions they're taking in the warehouse.
We'll see many of you tomorrow morning, albeit briefly through the window of your cars.