We were successful in holding the premium as expiring this year. What does that mean for you? No added monthly expense for you this year.
TOLEDO AREA CONSTRUCTION DETOURS
Be careful out there! The season is upon us and the orange barrels are everywhere. Be courteous, be patient, be safe.
A few important bottlenecks to be aware of:
I-75 & I-475 in Perrysburg Duration: 6 Months
I-75 & I-280 Duration: 7 Months
STEEL INDUSTRY HIGHLIGHTS
* From February to March 2016, U.S. imports of steel mill products increased 14.3% to 2.4 million metric tons.
* In March 2016, the steel trade deficit widened to -1.7 million metric tons from -1.4 million metric tons in February 2016, a 21.9% increase.
* U.S. steel production increased by 6% to 6.7 million metric tons in March 2016 from 6.4 million metric tons in February.
* In March 2016, steel mill imports from China decreased 13.8% to 63.5 thousand metric tons from 73.7 thousand metric tons in February.
* Benchmark domestic steel prices increased again in April 2016 after steady declines in 2015.
- U.S. domestic prices for hot-rolled band increased to $559 per metric ton in April 2016. Compared to one year ago, the price for hot-rolled band was up 10.9 percent.
- Cold-rolled coil prices increased to $751 per metric ton in April, a 19.8 percent increase from last year, while standard plate prices increased to $675 per metric ton, a 4.8 percent increase from a year ago.