I shared in last week's newsletter that we would be moving back to a once a month cadence for the chamber newsletter; I will have a shorter version and resources available next Wednesday and then on the first of the month each month. I have appreciated the phone calls and touch points with so many members over my first 3 months and will look forward to meeting the rest of you in person (or on the phone) in the coming weeks. I will be getting back to an office routine very soon and will physically be in the community more beginning next week as well. In the meantime, I have set the next three Wednesday's from 12:30 pm - 2 pm as "virtual" office hours via ZOOM conference. This is an opportunity to "drop by" without an agenda or topic; you can ask questions, we can just chat and get to know one another, or discuss a topic of your choice in a video face to face. For the call information visit this
Dave's Office Hours LINK
As reminders over the next week:
- Women's Networking Lunch - Today via ZOOM at Noon - MORE INFO and ZOOM
- Sales Summit - First Meeting - Tomorrow 9 am - For more information - Go HERE
- Friday May 15 - Networking - Life In Colerain During COVID-19 - Financial Panel Discussion - Susan Bennett (Thrivent), Mike Wolterman (Long Schaeffer) and Nick Fox (Northwestern Mutual) will be answering questions in a panel forum similar to our H/R panel two weeks ago. Be sure to bring your questions and thoughts, this will be a must for those who want to know where we're headed for the remainder of 2020 and beyond. Geoff Milz will also be on-hand to share the latest from the Township and potentially have an update about summer events (4th of July, etc.) across Colerain - Click here for MORE INFORMATION AND ZOOM
- Next Monday May 18 - Master Series - Benefits of the Colerain Chamber - Anthem Healthcare Insurance - There are many options available to chamber members in the health, dental, vision, and disability areas. Join Scott Marston from Cincinnati Benefits who will share the latest information, including a new plan for single business owners with no employees...YES, even you are eligible for lower cost, high quality health insurance. - Click here for MORE INFORMATION AND ZOOM
- Colerain Chamber Golf League - Delayed start until June 3. More information to come.
Finally, I should not have to remind any of you receiving this message that many retail businesses will be reopening across the region and state today; many others have opened their doors in the last week or so. As you feel compelled, be sure to frequent those businesses within the Colerain Township and those that are chamber members. Each business has its unique challenges and an obligation to keep their staff and customers safe. Be patient, be kind, be respectful and most of all be thankful to those that serve and make their businesses available; be sure to adhere to distancing guidelines and mask usage where required or requested. I've included the link to the Ohio
Business Sector Reopening Requirements
in case you need or want a refresher on what will and won't have the chance to open and how they are being asked to do so. For those business yet to be opened or unable to open due to specific challenges, this has been and may continue to be a particularly tough time in the life of your business. I certainly welcome a call to talk anytime as I have continued to be available by phone or ZOOM conference anytime.
Until we chat again, be well and stay safe!
President, Colerain Chamber of Commerce
Newsletter Updates will follow the following schedule unless there is further notice
- Wednesday, May 20
- Monday, June 1
- Wednesday, July 1
- Thursday, July 31