Dual/Concurrent Enrollment Registration
Registration for offsite classes for FREE concurrent enrollment at Fort Lewis College and Pueblo Community College open soon. If you are interested in taking an offsite college class next semester, here is what to do now:
Who is Eligible?
- Qualified students in grades 9-12 at Animas High School are eligible for concurrent enrollment.
What is the timeline?
Once you have been qualified, there will be several opportunities to meet with Erin and Jon from FLC or Erin & Michelle from PCC to receive assistance with advising and registration:
FLC Continuing Dual enrollment Advising: Wednesday, 11/1 @ 9:00am
PCC concurrent enrollment registration (new and continuing): Thursday, 11/16 @ 2:30pm **must complete AHS application and be qualified first**
FLC New dual enrollment advising: Tuesday, 11/28 @ 12:00pm **must complete AHS application and be qualified first**
If you cannot attend one of these registration sessions, you can still take college classes! Please connect with me for a time to meet AFTER you have been qualified.
How do I qualify?
Step 1: Complete the AHS Dual/Concurrent enrollment application form
- For FLC classes, students should have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- If a student's cumulative GPA is below 3.0, the student must do one or both of the following:
- Obtain a unanimous recommendation from the core teaching team in their grade level indicating that the student's recent academic performance has improved and warrants enrollment in a college class away from AHS campus.
- Meet with Erin CR individually to discuss postsecondary goals/plans and which course(s) are of interest.
- Students must have better than 80% attendance in their current Animas High School courses.
- Students must have completed all college and career coursework assigned prior to the concurrent enrollment registration period in the college and career Google classroom specific to their grade level in order to be eligible for concurrent enrollment.
How will it work with my Schedule?
- Students must remain enrolled in grade-level core classes. Concurrent enrollment courses would be in addition to core classes. Concurrent enrollment courses must be scheduled at times when grade-level core classes do not meet, either during elective periods or outside of the school day. If the concurrent enrollment course happens outside of the AHS school day, the concurrent enrollment course will appear as an additional class on the student's schedule, or for seniors, during one of the open class periods during the school day (if applicable).
- All students must remain enrolled at AHS full time.
Please view the informational slides(informational webcast recording embedded) and the complete Concurrent Enrollment Guidelines for more information.