1. Tell Us About Yourself (age, school, swim group, parent(s):
I'm 48 years old,and swim with the "Grey Ducks" (aka Master's). My two kids, Emersyn and Will, are both on the Team as well. My lovely, compassionate and understanding wife, Erin, puts up with us.
2. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Fragile- the older you get the tougher it is to stay healthy.
3. What motivates you to work hard?
I would say to stay faster than my kids, but they have a ways to catch up. Sorry kids..ha, ha, ha! I’ve set the goal of placing in the top five at Nationals in the 50 and 100 free. Some health issues and the latest cancellation of Nationals kept me from getting there but I will!!! The beauty of swimming is I can keep on competing through a Master's program. I started age group swimming at 7 years old and swim to this day, I get butterflies in my stomach before a meet. It’s an adrenaline rush that I hope never goes away.
4. What is your proudest accomplishment?
When I was 16, I qualified for a Zone Championship meet. I was seeded 56th in the 50 meter free. Dead last. In prelims, I took 8th, and in finals I took 5th. These guys I raced against were huge. When we were standing on the podium with our medals, the guy in 7th standing below me was still taller than me! That was a pretty cool feeling. Outside of swimming, it would be getting a Black Belt in Martial Arts with my son Will.
5. What makes you laugh the most?
My daughter, Emersyn. Every day she says or does something that cracks me up.
6. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Deep Sea fishing in the morning. Pool side for the 50 free at the Olympics in the afternoon. Spend the evening at a Blackjack table in Vegas with Jim Gaffigan, Christopher Walken, Kevin Hart, and Seth Rogan. That would be a fun table!
7. What would you sing at Karaoke Night?
Don’t stop Believin' - Journey. Everyone needs to join in, though. My voice is the worst.
8. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza. I might gain a couple hundred pounds, but I could do it.
9. How would your friends describe you?
I hope loyal and fun.
10. If you were a super hero, what powers would you have?
That's easy... Superspeed!