The Duke of Ed and #BellLetsTalk Day
The #BellLetsTalk day is coming up on Wednesday, January 25th. Millions of Canadians - including leading personalities - engaged in an open discussion about mental illness, offering new ideas and hope for those who struggle, with numbers growing every year.
The Duke of Ed inspires our participants to be healthy in numerous ways, and mental health is one of those aspects. So, we have decided to participate in this initiative by asking our own question.
How has the Duke of Ed impacted your mental wellness?
If you would like to join us in sharing how the Duke of Ed has impacted your mental wellness personally, all you have to do is follow these six easy steps:
1. Print the "Let's Talk" box below
2. Write in permanent black marker how the Duke of Ed has personally helped your mental wellness. Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.
3. Take a picture of yourself holding up your sign, so that it is easily readable.
4. Share the picture throughout your social media anytime the week of the 23rd and 27th.
5. Use the hashtags #BellLetsTalk and #dukelife
6. Tag the dukeofedcanada, Bell, and one or more of the Let's Talk Day spokespeople.
For every message sent on January 25th by a bell phone user, and for every Tweet send using the #BellLetsTalk hashtag, Bell donates five cents to mental health causes.
Here are a few examples of answers to get you thinking:
* The Duke of Ed has helped my mental wellness by keeping me active.
* The Duke of Ed has helped my mental wellness by helping me to feel a part of a community.
* The Duke of Ed has helped my mental wellness by reminding me that I am not alone
We are looking forward to seeing what you have to share with us!