E-Alert – June 1st, 2021
Dentists as Vaccinators and Testers
Thank you to your continued support of the provincial efforts in vaccinating members of the public for COVID-19.
The Province of Manitoba are looking for additional experienced health care providers including dentists to offer additional support during these unprecedented and challenging times, to help in their efforts to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19. To this end, the Province of Manitoba is reaching out to the dental profession to conduct Nasopharyngeal swabs at COVID19 testing sites including drive-through testing sites.
Swabbing will be performed under direct supervision until the incumbent has demonstrated competence to perform the procedure independently.
- Conducts Nasopharyngeal swabs at COVID19 testing sites including drive-through testing sites.
- Acknowledges travel history and symptoms.
- Observes patient for respiratory distress.
- Completes patient education and provides information handouts regarding Novel Coronavirus, self-isolation fact sheet, and what to do while awaiting test results.
- Completes required documentation.
RN, RN(AP), RN(NP), RPN, LPN, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Dentists, Midwives, Naturopaths.
If the applicant does not contain the qualifications referenced above then the applicant must fall within one of the three categories identified below and meet the requirements applicable under that category.
If you are interested, please apply:
Dr. Christopher J. Cottick
President and Chair of the Board