Live, In-Person Service Protocols
Both Sunday services — 7:45 and 10 AM — are live and in-person. The 10 AM service will continue to be live-streamed in the future. You can always choose to watch the service on-line.
At the 7:45 AM service, sing the opening and closing hymns then feel free to remove your masks for the rest of the service. The Celebrant will continue to wear a mask while singing, during the Eucharistic Prayer, and while distributing Communion.
For attending the live service at 10 AM, bear in mind that streaming goes live at 9:45 AM and the microphones in the sanctuary are sensitive. Any sound you make or conversation you have can be picked up on those microphones and sent out to the world. Consider this when you enter the sanctuary.
To insure your safety, these are the steps we will be taking and what we ask of each of you attending in person:
1) All windows and doors to the outside will be opened throughout the service.
2) Merv 13 air filters have been installed.
3) Pews will be marked for seating locations, insuring 6 feet distance between family groups.
4) Service time will be under 75 minutes.
5) We will have a maximum seating capacity of 200.
6) All congregants must wear a mask, properly worn over nose and mouth.
8) We will continue utilizing four masked singers and not a full choir.
9) Communion will be served in one kind.
10) Children and youth and the nursery will meet outside and in McBride Hall, with the swamp cooler running to provide 100% air from the outside.
11) We strong suggest that only those who have been fully vaccinated attend services in person.
The 10 AM service includes a beyond-the-Prayer Book liturgy, with prayers linking to the Revised Common Lectionary for the week. The congregation can also now sing with a mask on.
We encourage all to meet outside after the service. The next step will be a more formal coffee hour after each service or between the services. The Diocese has approved outdoor settings for such coffee hours. These gatherings can include food and drinks, but careful consideration must be made regarding hygiene, spacing, location during the summer heat, and how to host them.
We are putting together a sub-committee to consider these questions in hopes that we can get something organized in the next few weeks. If you are interested in assisting, please contact Parish Administrator Pam Spears.
We are also considering Adult Spiritual Formation and potential hybrid forms of gathering together again. Ideas? Share them with Parish staff.
Parents, please note. The nursery is now staffed every Sunday for the 10:00 a.m. worship service in McBride Hall. Kids can be dropped off as early as 9:40 a.m. Nursery is for infants-age 3. Kids are welcome to enjoy church with their families in the Sanctuary. The Nursery will be open for babies & toddlers in McBride Hall.
*Please wear your name tags so folks can recognize you in your mask.*
Don't have a name tag? Contact the office, 327-6857, Mon-Fri, 9:00a-4:00p,
or email ParishAdmin@Grace-StPauls.org.