The last summer holiday is upon us and with that comes hours of fun in the sun and water as we enjoy Labor Day weekend. Whether you spend the time fishing, boating, paddle boarding or at the pool, the Lake Travis area offers an abundance of recreational activities.
If you're hitting Lake Travis, here are some important safety tips you should keep in mind:
- Always supervise your children in and around water.
- Wear a life jacket: All children under age 13 are required by law to wear a life jacket while on a boat.
- Never swim alone.
- Look before you leap: If you are jumping from a boat or jumping in from the shore, inspect the water for debris and people.
- Stay hydrated: Swimming and sunshine can wear you out. Drink plenty of cold, fresh water throughout the day.
- Don't drink and drive: Whether on a boat or in a car, think before getting behind the wheel.
Additionally, Lakeway police officers will be out on increased patrols this weekend making sure residents and guests are enjoying the holiday weekend safely. Don't forget to buckle up on area roadways.
The City of Lakeway wishes you a relaxing and safe Labor Day weekend!