As we begin a brand new year, I want to reprint some information I included in last Sunday’s Bulletin:
Here are a few statistics I have compiled from the internet on New Year’s resolutions:
- 41% of us make New Year’s resolutions
- 46% of those who make New Year’s resolutions keep them successfully
- 4% of people who did not make New Year’s resolutions, but had something they wanted to achieve were successful
Obviously, intentional goal setting yields greater results than wishful thinking! I took a list of suggested New Year’s resolution ideas printed in Equipping Godly Women, and changed / adapted a few to come up with a list that is applicable for all of us. If you have not yet put together your own list, I want to encourage you to consider these:
1. Read Your Bible 20 Minutes a Day, Every Day
2. Set Aside 15 Minutes Each Day to Pray
3. Go to Church Every Week Without Fail
4. Join a Bible Study group (Sunday School class)
5. Discover and Use Your Spiritual Gift(s) / Find a Place to Serve
6. Try Fasting
7. Ask a Friend to Church
8. Start Tithing
9. Read a Certain Number of Christian Books Each Month
10. Memorize Scripture
11. Forgive Past Grudges
12. Find a Mentor or Accountability Partner
13. Strengthen Your Relationships with Other Christians
14. Be Content With What You Have
15. Refuse to Gossip
16. Stop Complaining
17. Do Random Acts of Kindness
18. Encourage Someone Everyday
19. Identify One Lost Person, and Pray for Them Every Day
20. Share Your Story (testimony) with 1 Person Every Week
I want to encourage you to print this list and keep it in your Bible or day planner. Please review it every day to help you stay intentional in implementing these into your life.
Please continue to pray for Brad and Lori. Brad is making progress and may be able to return in a few weeks. However, although he is improving, he still needs our prayers for a full recovery.
Finally, I want to encourage you to commit to reading the Bible through in 2023. Whether you have never read it all the way through, or have done it 20 times, God’s word never goes out of date and still provides all the answers to any need you may have. There are numerous Bible reading plans available to help you. If you need help in choosing one, please let me know.
You Are Loved!