FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 19, 2017
There are 23 athletes attending the USHJA Emerging Athletes Program Regional Training Session this week at Sonoma Horse Park, which features clinicians Geoff Teall and Nanci Snyder.
The USHJA congratulates the following members who were selected to participate in this session:
- Lisel Anderson, 14, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Nicole Beales, 15, Oakland, Calif.
- Emilie Bell, 11, Elk Grove, Calif.
- Charlotte Collins, 12, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Roxanne Culhane, 14, Larkspur, Calif.
- Sara Faust, 17, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Desiree Fisher, 16, Vancouver, Wash.
- Cecily Hayes, 16, Brentwood, Calif.
- Sabrina Lewis, 19, Berkeley, Calif.
- Jackie Martin-Castro, 16, Oakland, Calif.
- Ellie Memari, 16, Placerville, Calif.
- Elizabeth Nevins, 15, Sammamish, Wash.
- Dabney Park, 15, San Francisco, Calif.
- Danielle Park, 13, San Francisco, Calif.
- Molly Pedulla, 18, Watsonville, Calif.
- Sophia Sanders, 14, Orangevale, Calif.
- Sydney Shelby, 14, Santa Cruz, Calif.
- Catherine Sunding, 14, San Anselmo, Calif.
- Elizabeth Sunding, 15, San Anselmo, Calif.
- Grace Towle, 18, Mill Valley, Calif.
- Maya Wadhwani, 13, San Francisco, Calif.
- Taylor Wohler, 16, Folsom, Calif.
- Sydnie Young, 14, Loomis, Calif.
Jackie Martin-Castro, Elizabeth Nevins and Sophia Sanders were awarded EAP Grants to attend the session in Sonoma thanks to USHJA Zone 9 and Zone 10 Committees. The EAP Grant program is also supported in part by USHJA Foundation.
USHJA Certified Trainer and "R" Hunter and Hunter/Jumping Seat Equitation Judge Geoff Teall will lead the mounted instruction. Nanci Snyder, an experienced stable manager who works with Olympian Peter Wylde, will lead the instruction in the barn.
EAP Regional Training Sessions are held over five days with athletes participating in mounted flatwork, gymnastics exercises and coursework, as well as intensive stable management lessons. Athletes at the Sonoma session will also take a tour of Giant Steps Therapeutic Equestrian Center and participate in a discussion with Dr. Sarah Puchalski, DVM, DACVR, from Circle Oak Equine about how to read diagnostic images. Auditing at the Sonoma session is free.
The EAP Committee will select 16 riders and several stable managers from the EAP Regional Training Sessions to attend the 2017 EAP National Training Session November 9-12 at the George M. Humphrey Equestrian Center at Lake Erie College in Painesville, Ohio, where they will learn from Olympian Peter Wylde and stable manager Anne Thornbury.
The USHJA extends its gratitude to 2017 EAP Regional Training Session hosts Cazenovia College Equine Education Center, Centenary University Equestrian Center, Colorado Horse Park, Georgia International Horse Park, Great Southwest Equestrian Center, Los Angeles Equestrian Center, Mount Holyoke College Equestrian Center, Sonoma Horse Park,
Virginia Horse Center
World Equestrian Center
as well as to National Training Session host George M. Humphrey Equestrian Center at Lake Erie College.