People often ask: "Why go to church?" Here are some reasons to consider:
1. Going to church will improve your health.
Dr. George Comstock, a medical professor at John's Hopkins University said: "The instance of fatal heart diseases among infrequent church goers is twice as high for men as for men who attend at least once a week." I imagine there are similar statistics for women too. There are many studies about the power of prayer and meditation in improved health and longevity.
2. Going to church will encourage your heart.
In Psalm 73, the writer was struggling with the evil and chaos of the world around him. Then, in verse 17, he tells us that his spiritual breakthrough came when he entered the temple in worship and experienced God.
World events, difficult people, bills, complaints, and the worries of life can steal your joy. When you come to our church, you will hear about God's love, God's sovereignty, hope, and major Bible themes.
Reading, singing, and studying these themes will waft your heart from the dumps to the heights!
3. Going to church will prick your conscience. When a church teaches the Bible like EHCC, it is remarkable how God will bring up things that need our confession, repentance, and the help of the Holy Spirit. Over the years, from thousands of sermons by many godly servants, God has spoken to me about my sin, my attitudes, my priorities, spiritual maturity issues, and His will for my life. Do you want to become the person God wants you to be? Come to EHCC this Sunday
4. Going to church will help you obey God.
Church will help you obey the 4th commandment which says: "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy." One man told me that attending a worship service on Sunday morning forces him to stop working and take a day off. Getting to church for the early service made him take his wife out for breakfast. Then he and his wife go for a walk. Each week, they re-connect on their marriage and life. Worship will help you take a day off! So, honor the Lord and come EHCC this Sunday!
5. Going to church will improve your life.
When you move from the tedium of work and life to God's truths, your life will find purpose and meaning. Our church is committed to the application of biblical teaching. We strive to show people how to know God personally and how to talk to God about life and problems. If you put yourself under the teaching of God's Word, He will show you how to use His principles in your marriage, your family, your job, your relationships, and your personal growth.
That's why I am giving you this invitation for worship at East Hills this Sunday.
Bring a Bible, a smile, and an open mind to let God talk to you. Remember we have:
9:15 AM -
Adult Bible Study
- in the Church Living Room
11:00 AM -
Worship Service -
up-beat praise and Bible teaching
11:00 AM - Nursery - 0 through grade 2
11:30 AM - Childrens Church - Grade 3 through 12
I love being your pastor!
Pastor Mark Platt