Dear Parents and Students,
As you are aware, in compliance with Governor Wolf's announcement
that all K-12 PA schools close for 10 business days beginning March 16,
all three Eden Christian Academy campuses are closed through Friday, March 27
. All after-school, athletic, and extracurricular activities are canceled during the closure.
ECA has implemented Distance Learning
for the period of time that the school is closed -
beginning today, March 16, for upper school students
beginning Wednesday, March 18, for early childhood and elementary students
Please know that our
dedicated administration and faculty are working diligently to provide distance learning that is accessible to all students, developmentally appropriate, educationally meaningful, and creative!
Efforts continued throughout the past weekend to prepare the best experience possible for your child.
- Upper School online instruction with assignments began today, Monday, March 16.
- Early Childhood/Elementary parents will receive an email from your child's classroom teacher today, Monday, March 16, outlining the specific plan for remote learning for that classroom.
- On Tuesday, March 17, the elementary campuses (Berkeley Hills and Wexford) will be open from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm to allow parents to pick up printed packets if you have been instructed to do so by your child’s classroom teacher.
- Early Childhood/Elementary School (Berkeley Hills and Wexford) online instruction with assignments will begin on Wednesday, March 18.
- Online learning will consist of developmentally appropriate activities for each grade level.
We are here for you and are working to serve you in this crisis.
- We realize that you are addressing the implications for your family and making arrangements to adjust to this situation. Please reach out to your building principal if there are extenuating circumstances that we need to be aware of or if you do not have adequate technology in your home. We will do everything we can to offer help.
- Campus offices will be staffed from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Faculty will be available via email; contact information can be found in the Faculty & Staff Directory.
- Quarter 3 (scheduled to close on Friday, March 20) will remain open until school resumes. Students who have outstanding Q3 assignments should make every effort to complete and return them to their teacher(s).
- Achievement Testing (grades 1-7) has been postponed. New dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
- High School Musical (scheduled April 1-4) has been postponed. New dates will be announced in the coming weeks. Tickets that have been purchased will be honored for the new dates or refunded.
- Spring Break (scheduled April 6-13) will remain on the calendar as scheduled. If extenuating circumstances require a change, we will alert you.
We will continue to communicate with you as this situation evolves.
We are praying for you and your family!