At Eden Christian Academy, the
health, safety, and well-being of students and staff are top priorities
. While the Coronavirus has been in the news for weeks, the threat to the U.S. remains low and, as of today, there are
no reported cases in Pennsylvania
. We are writing to inform you that
school leadership is monitoring information and guidance
from the Allegheny County Health Department, the CDC, and WHO on a daily basis.
Guidance from these resources will inform any needed school decisions which would be communicated immediately to parents by email. Should a time-sensitive situation occur, we will utilize our ParentAlert text system as appropriate or necessary.
It is important to note that many of the
Coronavirus prevention efforts are the same as those we use to prevent the spread of colds and flu
. At our school, these efforts will include
increased diligence of custodial staff
in cleaning doorknobs, surfaces, and desks. Additionally,
hand sanitizer and antimicrobial wipes will be available in every classroom
for student and teacher use. Teachers will be extra vigilant about
reminding students to wash their hands
frequently. And, of course, if we observe students who are not well, we will send them home.
To help your child avoid cold, flu, and other illnesses, please remind them of these important practices:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching or putting your fingers in your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterward. If you do not have a tissue, cover your nose and mouth in your elbow.
We also present our general guidelines for illnesses:
- Stay at home when ill.
- Remain at home until fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
- Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe such as high fever or difficulty breathing.
Moving forward, we will stay in
communication with you if there are any significant changes or updates
In times such as this, we are grateful for the strength and community within the Eden Family. We join with you in prayer for those who have been affected by COVID-19 and for the protection of children and families in our communities and around the world.