Hello again. Prague still in mind? Here is a quick recap of the second day of business sessions at our most recent ECAO Conference.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Black and McDonald Ltd. | Mathews Dinsdale | Robertson | Federated Insurance
Milwaukee Tools Canada | RS Breakers & Controls | Graybar Canada |Thistle Printing
Teksmed | People Corporation | Noramco | Wesco/Prysmian Group | JEPP – IBEW/CCO
Steve Bratt: Modern Methods of Construction a UK Perspective, Slides
Group Chief Executive Officer of Electrical Contractors Association
- UK going to “net zero” by 2025, just as Canada has committed, has sparked a move to prefabrication and other industrialized construction.
- Tangible benefits from offsite construction to clients, government, contractors, and workers in the UK
- Offsite construction is now being requested by clients
Josh Bone: Getting Started with Prefab, Slides
- Our competition is evolving through increased industrialized construction.
- Industrialized construction commonly involved modularization, prefabrication, preassembly, and mass production
- Traditional on-site methods of assemblies that have been moved into a warehouse or manufacturing facility (prefabrication) include: conduit, cable tray, MC whips, panels, equipment, boxes, and hangers.
- Reports on prefabrication and industrialization available from ELECTRI.
Unplugged with NECA and ELECTRI
- Remember that NECA and ELECTRI are not “spectator sports” – you need to get involved.
- There are many new and exciting programs to benefit ECAO contractors coming soon, in addition to the vast library already available.
- ECAO presence has been noticed as a real benefit to NECA and ELECTRI.
While it was going to be difficult to have our business sessions match the impressiveness of Prague, with a few last-minute adjustments, we believe that we accomplished just that.
So, a collective tip of the hat to our speakers who, quite simply, added significantly to the ECAO Conference in Prague.