The Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) (www.ecos.org) is accepting applications for a Project Associate to work with their technical research program – the Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC).
ECOS is the national non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental leaders. The purpose of ECOS is to improve the environmental capabilities of state environmental agencies and their leaders to protect and improve human health and the environment of the United States. To facilitate that, ECOS staff work with state environmental directors to champion the role of states, provide for the exchange of ideas, foster cooperation and coordination, and articulate state positions to federal agencies, Congress, and the public.
The Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC) is a state-led coalition of public and private sector members working to reduce barriers to the use of innovative air, water, waste, and remediation environmental technologies and processes. ITRC produces documents and training that broaden technical knowledge and expedite quality regulatory decision-making while protecting human health and the environment.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter by 5pm EST June 25, 2021 to Patricia Reyes, ITRC Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. ECOS is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary responsibilities include:
Maintain active social media presence across ITRC platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) with regular posts and content
- Format and draft mass emails for circulation among ITRC’s full subscribership
- Draft and Distribute all Pre-Training Email Reminders
- Provide support for all web-based training and outreach
- Moderate all live Internet-Based Training sessions
- Solicit and track ITRC training forms
- Provide support and edits for all ITRC Guidance Websites as needed
- Regularly monitor ITRC Guidance Websites for defunct/outdated information and features
- Identify new funding opportunities and develop grants for new funding resources
- Research emerging environmental issues for ITRC team support
- Develop whitepapers and reports on contemporary environmental issues for ITRC membership
- Process all new member applications
- Performing member searches and compiling membership reports
- Regularly update the ITRC website with latest news and announcements
- Track minutes/notes at ITRC Board Meetings and other relevant meetings
- Maintain and regularly update internal calendar tracking upcoming events and conferences
- Undergraduate communications, journalism, or environmental degree with two to three years post-graduate professional experience
- Excellent internal and external oral and written communication and organization skills
- Experience and comfortability speaking to large audiences
- Ability to work both independently on project work and as a team member with colleagues on multiple projects simultaneously
- High degree of personal accountability, professionalism, accountability, and motivation
Familiarity with Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other conferencing platforms
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and communicating on professional social media
Experience in web development, WordPress, and/or HTML production strongly preferred
- Keen interest and working knowledge of contemporary environmental issues strongly preferred
The annual salary for this position is dependent upon qualifications and ranges from $50,000-$55,000. Competitive benefits provided. This is a full time, non-exempt position in Washington D.C., Monday through Friday.