2012 Portland Class
EDI is a 501(c)(3)
Tax Id #: 91-2166233
Bellevue, WA 98005
Hello EDI board members, alumni, staff, trainers, volunteers and supporters, I officially started my new job as the executive director of EDI on January 2, 2013. I was humbled by the job offer from the board and I'm extremely excited about this opportunity.
Since my first day on the job, I have been looking, listening and learning. So far what I have found is incredible! Our five classes are outstanding and everyone including the board, staff, trainers, volunteers are all working hard to provide the very best culturally tailored leadership training possible. Many of you have referred potential participants for our upcoming classes and I want to thank all of you for that!
We still have a few more slots available so if you know anyone who would be interested, please refer them to us or let us know and we will follow up on them. If any of you have suggestions as to how to make our program better or what else you would like to see in the newsletter, please let me know.
I'm working on a few things right now for the agency and I hope to announce the details in our February newsletter. For example, EDI will be featured on the Comcast Newsmakers program that appears five minutes before the start of Read More...
Still Enrolling for 2013 Programs
There is limited space available for the EDI Programs. Call the EDI office at 425.467.9365, if you would like to apply.
Get your applications in! The programs starts soon...
Greater Puget Sound
February 21 - Program Jumpstart
(Asian Pacific Group 1&2 and Hispanic Group)
March 14 & 15 - Two Day Kickoff Session
(Asian Pacific Group 1&2 and Hispanic Group)
February 25-27 - Three Day Kickoff Session
March 21 & 22 - Two Day Kickoff Session
New 2013 Board of Directors
EDI offers a warm welcome to its newest board members:
- Elizabeth Do, KeyBank, VP & Business Banking Relationship Manager, Class of 2006
- Limei Fan, CAO, Fred Hutchinson Cancer
- Jill Kashiwagi, Owner/Agent, State Farm Insurance, Class of 2008
- Edward Martinez, Information Technology Manager, The Boeing Company, Class of 2010
- Sandra Cho McDonald, Corporate Responsibility
Manager, Columbia Sportswear Co., Class of 2011
- Vijay Talwar, General Manager & President of International, Blue Nile, Inc.
- Lillian Tsai, President, TsaiComms LLC
Outgoing Board of Directors
We would like to express our gratitude to the outgoing members for all their hard-work, commitment, and support of EDI.
- Nitza Agrait-Vila, Senior Attorney, Microsoft, Class of 2009
- George Alabi, Regional Director of Marketing, The Boeing Company, Class of 2004
- Karen Fujii, President and CEO, Media Footprint Group
- Amy Hartlmueller-Torres, VP and Branch Manager, Keybank, Class of 2009
- George Kikuchi, Retired Postal Service Executive
- Steve Shinoda, Director of IT, Uwajimaya, Class of 2011
- Sue Taoka, Executive Vice President, Craft3
- Chee-Tuck Wong, Business and Planning Analyst, The Boeing Company, Class of 2004
Alumni on the Move
Congratulations to EDI Alumni:
Yoshiko Williams, Leadership Discovery Class of 2006, has been promoted to Director of Clinical Intelligence at MultiCare Health System.
If you have received a promotion/award or know of an Alumni who did, please email Rebecca at email@example.com
And the Winner for the Alumni Recruitment Contest is....
Congratulations on winning the Kindle Fire 7 for the Alumni Recruitment Raffle contest!
Nikhil won the raffle after he referred 2 candidates that applied for the program by the Nov. 30th deadline.
"Thank you - The program has been so wonderful for my personal growth that I love to share EDI with all Asian and Hispanic Leaders whose potential is just waiting to be unlocked."
Save The Dates
Inclusion Fusion - Thursday, September 5, 2013
We are looking for help in the planning of this event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in participating in one of these areas:
-Procurement (Auction Item Donations)
** Most Help Needed**
-People (Sponsorship and Guest Recruitment)
-Party (Food, Drinks and Decor)
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Share Your Stories
We would like to include stories about your leadership successes and challenges in our newsletters. Your testimonies will help unite our community while giving practical advice to colleagues. If you are interested in writing or sharing your stories with the EDI community please contact Rebecca at email@example.com . Thanks in advance for your participation and for your voice.
|Follow EDI on Facebook & Twitter|
Be sure to keep yourself up to date with EDI Alumni News, Events and Job Opportunities