Hi everyone, check out all my brief updates:
- The final results are in for the first annual EDI staff fishing contest. Which staff member caught the first fish? Who caught the largest fish?
- Check out the June 15th to June 21st edition of the NW Asian Weekly and see current EDI participant Bea Querido in the, Names in the News column on page two. The article announces her selection as one of 10 Filipinos in American to take part in a special leadership program this Summer put on by the Philippine Government.
- It's time to start recruiting for our 2014 programs! A great big thank you to Weyerhaeuser for hosting a special meeting with Read More...
Congratulations to EDI Alumni:
Julie Pham, Leadership Discovery, Class of 2010, has been promoted to Marketing Manager, Avidian Technologies. She is also a board member of NAAAP - Seattle and Social Venture Partners.
"Through the EDI network, I was able to make some invaluable connections that helped me land my first corporate job and positioned me to land a dream job heading marketing at a fast growing tech company."
If you have received a promotion/award or know of an Alumni who did, please email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 Class Community Corner
One element of the EDI program that reinforces the learning around community involvement and team building is the completion of a community project for a non-profit agency whereby the participants can make a difference for a non-profit organization while practicing their skills in a safe learning environment.
This year our classes our assisting over 10 non-profit organization in the Greater Puget Sound and Greater Portland area. This month we are featuring these two non-profits:
- The Hispanic Discovery team is working with Seamar and is helping to promote Seamar's annual Golf tournament fundraising event on July 22. Click here to find out more about Seamar's 18th Annual Golf Tournament.
- One of the Leadership Navigation teams is working with a non-profit organization called Children of Vietnam (COV). COV is currently competing to get the "Non-profit of the Month Helping Kids" recognition. Help their team by clicking here to vote for COV.
Annual Fundraiser -Inclusion Fusion
Make sure to mark your calenders! Inclusion Fusion will be held on September 5th, 2013!
Are you interested in participating?
Check out our Job Boards!
Do you have a position opening that you would like to promote? Are you searching for a new job? Make sure you check out our Job Boards
|Follow EDI on Facebook & Twitter|
Be sure to keep yourself up to date with EDI Alumni News, Events and Job Opportunities