Challenge for the month of September: Participate in Social Media Sunday on September 24, 2017
Social Media Sunday is the day set aside for Christians everywhere to use digital devices intentionally to share their life of faith with the world. Below is some advice from the Acts 8 Movement on how to participate in Social Media Sunday.
1. Tell your network something you love about your faith community.
2. Tweet highlights from the sermon, discipleship programs, and/or Bible study.
3. Mention on social media some great ministry you are involved in with your church.
4. Make a cover image that reflects your faith.
5. Share every video Presiding Bishop Curry makes on every platform you're on.
6. Like and share others' posts about God and church.
7. Friend and follow others in your church and diocese.
8. Check in on social media every time you come to church.
9. Use the hashtag #episcopal to find other Episcopalians on Twitter or Instagram.
10. Post a photo of you with some of your favorite church friends at cofee hour.
11. Post the times of your church's service on social media and invite your friends to join you.
12. Invite your friends to message you their prayer requests and commit to praying for them.
13. Share a picture of your child doing something at church and mention how proud you are.
14. Share a picture of the inside of your church so people can see how beautiful it is.
15. Take a picture of your priest in vestments in the church before, during or after the service to introduce him/her to your network.
15 Ways to Use Social Media to Proclaim the Love of God
This is an offering of the Acts 8 Movement. Proclaiming Resurrection in the Episcopal Church - http://www.acts8movement.org