The application is open for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, the program that allows self-employed, contract workers, those whose claims have expired or benefits have been exhausted, and those who don't qualify for traditional benefits to receive unemployment benefits for COVID-related employment disruptions.
The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment hosted a town hall-type question and answer session earlier today.
Benefits available for claims between Feb. 2 and Dec. 26.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- Apply online at coloradoui.gov.
- Application vets whether applicant qualifies for PUA or traditional unemployment insurance (UI). Those qualified for traditional UI must use that system and will be directed to do so.
- A PIN will be provided by email (if provided) or by call. Providing a valid email address will expedite the process.
- Effective date is the closest Sunday to the last day of employment or first day of reduced hours.
- Payments should clear within three days after payment request is made.
- Direct deposit is the fastest way to get payment.
- Applications will be processed overnight. Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their application is being processed; they will be able to request payments online as well as file for all back weeks since the effective date of their application.
- Applicants should have on hand their most recent tax documents in order demonstrate earnings (if applicable).
PUA questions or to file without a compute