Restaurants & Bars Indoor Service Opens At 50% Capacity This Coming Monday, January 11; Indoor Entertainment Reopens + Other Dial Turns
Governor Walz has announced the loosening of restrictions including restaurants and bars opening for in-person indoor service at 50% capacity (150 people maximum both indoor and outdoor, 6 people per table maximum) starting on January 11. Bar seating will be open for parties of 2 people with 6 feet of spacing. Reservations are still required and the 10:00 p.m.-4:00 a.m. closure for restaurants and bars will remain in place. Mall food courts following restaurant and bar guidance may open.
Other measures announced beginning January 11 include:
• Gyms will remain at 25% capacity, but the maximum is increased to 150 people. Masking is still required as well as 9 feet of social distancing. Fitness classes must not have more than 25 people.
• Indoor entertainment and events open to 25% capacity with a maximum of 150 people. This includes movie theaters, bowling alleys, and amusement. Face coverings are required and food service may not be offered after 10:00 p.m.
• Outdoor events and entertainment will remain at 25% capacity, but the maximum is increased to 250 people. Social distancing is required.
• Churches remain open at 50% capacity but with no maximum.
• Pools may open at 25% capacity with a maximum of 150 people.
• Youth sports games may resume on January 14. Spectators are allowed at youth/high school sports with a 25% capacity and a maximum of 250 people outdoor or 150 people indoor. Masks are still required. Inter-region tournaments and out of state play is discouraged.
General retail remains open at 100% with COVID precautions including social distancing.