We are already in the second month of our new fiscal year. With the new year comes new goals and objectives.
One of our major goals is to provide our members more value in The Escondido Magazine. Here is a quick update on our progress:
- The Escondido Magazine will be published twice a year, October and April.
- A Chamber Member directory will be included in each publication.
- Distribution will be increased through a partnership with a local newspaper (more details to follow).
- Upgrading our online magazine with quick links and analytics.
- The best ad insertion rate is available for all members, without a multiple issue contract.
- Articles from local businesses, government officials and professionals will be featured.
- We will continue to include articles on our community and education.
You can be a part of this publication! We always welcome contributed articles for consideration. Here is a quick link with information on how to contribute.
We are also seeking out regular column contributors. If this sounds interesting to you, give me a call so we can chat about your ideas.
Here is a quick reminder...
All employers now must provide new employees with a written notice about the rights of victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking to take protected time off for medical treatment or legal proceedings. The notice also contains information on victims' rights to accommodation and protections against discrimination.
As a result of legislation passed last year (AB 2337), this new notice went into effect July 1. The Labor Commissioner developed this form, which can be found in both
It only takes minutes to Maximize Your Presence
It's time to update your Chamber Member profile, for TWO important reasons:
- Your business information will be published in the October Escondido Magazine.
nformation appears on the
Escondido Chamber Website as a virtual brochure under the Chamber Directory.
Take a look at
three more excellent examples of members who are maximizing their presence on the Chamber website:
Need help logging into your account and maximizing your online presence? Contact Philip at 760-745-2125, or email
|Chamber supporting continued education
Escondido Chamber of Commerce's Rising Stars!
The Escondido Chamber of Commerce has a long history of involvement with our youth, who will be the next business leaders, innovators and problem solvers. From the development of the MAP Program, guaranteeing admission to Cal State University San Marcos, to raising support for the PAL (Police Athletic League) who work hand in hand with at risk youth.
This Fall, we will be launching a new program, honoring High School students who serve the community called "Rising Star Student of the Month". Each month, a senior student who is chosen by their teacher, counselor or principal from the Escondido Union High School District will be honored and encouraged by their parents and the chamber at a breakfast event.
By April 2018, we will have honored 49 seniors.
We are reaching out to you to be a part of this program:
- Swag bag items (total of 50)
- Sponsor a Breakfast
- Fund a scholarship (total of 7 scholarships awarded per year)
Scholarships will be presented to one student from each school, at the annual Grand Ave Festival on May 20, 2018. The scholarships awarded will depend on the amount of funding raised from people like you. It is our wish to provide a $1,000.00 scholarship to each of the seven students.
We would greatly appreciate your participation! The chamber is relying on the community to support this event, from breakfast sponsors to swag bag donations to funding the scholarships.
|Little League Fields and BMX Facility plan approved for two city parks
Times-Advocate David Ross
At the July 19 meeting of the Escondido City Council, members voted 5-0 to follow the recommendations of city staff and amend the approved master plans for Jesmond Dene and Mountain View parks-with a BMX facility envisioned for Jesmond Dene and an additional Little League field for Mountain View.
The action taken at this meeting amended the master plans for these two specific items, and not for any other facilities within the two parks.
Better infastructure coming your way...
|Check out the schedule and plan your trip accordingly.
The Southwest Sewer Realignment Project is near completion. Please
be advised that traffic delays should be
anticipated within the Felicita Area. Paving activities are scheduled between August 28 to September 1, 2017. This project is part of the City of Escondido's Capital Improvements Program.
The paving activities will be from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday.
- During Hamilton Lane paving, alternate routes could be used that include; Acker Way to Dexter to Bernardo Ave. to Park Dr. to Felicita. Eucalyptus Ave to Via Rancho Parkway. Bernardo Avenue to Felicita Lane to Via Rancho Parkway.
- During Bernard Ave., routes could be used that include; Dexter to Acker Way to Hamilton. Bernardo Avenue to Felicita Lane to Via Rancho Parkway.
- During Felicita Rd. (north end), routes could include Hamilton Ln to Bernardo to Gamble Ln/Citracado Pkwy. Gamble Ln. to Bernardo Ave. to Park Dr.
Calling all Golfers. Register today!
Tell the community about
The Escondido Magazine has been a long standing, reliable, quality community publication. We are pleased to announce that the next edition will include a chamber member directory and articles of interest from business and industry leaders, elected officials and workforce development organizations.
What's going on in your organization, industry or business? Let us know by contributing an article for the October Escondido Magazine. Go here for details and
Submit your articles today!