ETFO ELHT 2020 Teacher/LTO Benefits Plan Renewal
Dear ETFO ELHT Teacher/LTO Plan Member,
The ETFO ELHT Benefits Plan renews effective September 1 of each year. September 1, 2020 is the third renewal of our plan.
If you are working a 1.0 FTE
do not have Supplemental Life, you are
affected by these rate changes.
After thorough analysis of plan usage, experience, funding, and rising dental and health care costs, the ETFO ELHT Board of Trustees approved the September 1, 2020 Renewal. As a result, the Basic Life, Supplemental Life, Extended Health and Dental rates will be adjusted as follows effective September 1, 2020:
- Basic Life insurance rate will decrease by 10%
- Members actively at work will not be affected by the rate decrease as the ETFO ELHT covers this cost on behalf of plan members. However, it will result in a decrease to the taxable amount reported on your 2020 T4A.
- Supplemental Life insurance rate will decrease by 10%
- Extended Health rate will increase by 4%
- Dental rate will increase by 4%
- No rate changes to Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance rate (please note that there was a 15.9% decrease in 2019)
- No rate change to Optional Life insurance for member, spouse or child
These rate changes will affect:
- Members on non-statutory leaves (e.g. unpaid leaves, member funded leaves, LTD after 24 months) who pay for their Health, Dental, and Basic Life premiums
- Part-time teachers who pay a pro-rated share of their Health and Dental premiums
- Members who opted into Supplemental Life