Meeting called to order at 11:03 a.m. by Zach and Ken
Prayer lead by Joan
Present: President Zach Platner, Vice President Ken Lisowe, Treasurer Dean Papendieck, Joan Woelfel, and Pastor Mike
July Revenue: $9,120.65
July Expenses: $14,367.86
July Ending Checking Balance: $66,556.20
July Money Market Acct: $251,659.94
July Total Cash Equity: $78,298.31
July Cambridge Investment: $63,876.44
There was a reminder that July’s expenses were higher than usual due to necessary costs such as the lawn tractor and roof repair.
Motion for approval of last month's treasurer’s report by Ken, seconded by Joan.
Ministers Report: Pastor Mike gave a general update to the council on his contacts, visits, etc. with church members and prospective church members.
Christian Ed/Music: Shirley Lisowe had provided a written report regarding Sunday School, including that her survey of Sunday School families determined we have enough interest to start up the program in September. She also wrote that two additional teachers plus substitute teachers are needed.
The following issues were discussed:
· We are working with the Kuhn Family to replace the damaged sidewalk on the east side of the fellowship hall.
· Ken Lisowe is looking into whether repairs are needed for the concrete footers under the narthex extension.
· There is a new leak in the downstairs meeting room that is being investigated.
· Quotes for removing the ash tree behind the parsonage are needed.
Evangelism: The Evangelism Committee is looking for a new chairperson and members.
Pastor-Congregation Relations Committee: A meeting for this committee will be held Tuesday, August 17.
· The Ice Cream Social profit was just over $1600.
· We are still gathering estimates for the downstairs bathrooms for a possible winter project.
· Pastor Pension: We are going to be requesting an audit by the Pension Board to confirm our findings that there are errors in their records.
· The Happy Hour Lease was signed.
· COVID-19 update:
o A discussion was had about the rise in Calumet County case numbers and the Delta variant.
o The topic of how to safely resume Sunday School in September was discussed with the biggest question being whether to require masks. The council will meet again at the end of August to revisit this subject with the most up-to-date information available.
o A motion was made by Ken Lisowe and seconded by Dean Papendieck to recommend masks and resume ushers screening the congregation at the doors before services, but more informally asking if they are well and if they have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
· Church vocal choir: The council continues to encourage those interested in participating in a vocal choir to contact a council member. And the council will search for a vocal choir director.
· Keeping past confirmands involved: Tabled
· Procedure for approving minutes: A discussion was had about the new way of approving the meeting minutes via email. They will be sent to the council by Nikki Equitz for approval before it goes into the newsletter. If there is no feedback made about the minutes, they will not be changed.
Next Regular Council Meeting: September 19, 2021
Motion to adjourn made by Ken, seconded by Dean, at 12:25 p.m.
Minutes Submitted by:
Approved by: The Church council via email.