Christmas by Candlelight returns to Old Sturbridge Village, inviting visitors to step into the past and celebrate New England holiday traditions of the 19th-century and today. This holiday season, guests are invited to explore the 200-acre campus, decorated for Christmas, catch demonstrations and learn the origin of holiday traditions, enjoy sweet treats and beverages, listen to live music, visit with Santa and more. This is a family-friendly event intended for all ages.
- Interview with key OSV personnel responsible for organizing Christmas by Candlelight.
- Interview with OSV staff, costumed interpreters about the origin of holiday traditions.
- Interview with families and guests enjoying the activities offered by Christmas by Candlelight.
- Footage of Old Sturbridge Village dressed in its holiday best, Christmas Tree Trail, Christmas Wish Bridge.
New this year: Visit the new glass ornament display, sponsored by Oakwood Farm Christmas Barn in Spencer, MA and see how tree décor evolved through the 1800s.
New this year: A new international display sheds light on holiday traditions from other cultures, this year focusing on Puerto Rican Christmas traditions.
Returning this year: More live music with musical guests as well as costumed interpreters performing Christmas classics.
Returning this year: Holiday treat samples return. Taste gingerbread from one of the oldest printed recipes on record, straight from the Germanic National Museum in Nuremberg, a city known as “the gingerbread capital of the world.”
Returning this year: Traditional favorites from year-to-year return, some for the first time since 2019, including a magic show, model train display, gingerbread house baking contest, songs, storytelling, and Santa!
- B-roll and high-res images available for use.
WHERE: 1 Old Sturbridge Village Rd., Sturbridge, MA 01566
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 25 - Sunday, Nov. 27
TIME: 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
CONTACT: For media wishing to come on-site to OSV for interviews or footage, please contact Sarah Martin at Sarah@BreaktheIceMedia.com or 315-225-0256.