As you know, the New York State Department of Health is requiring that OPWDD service providers (like Springbrook) implement Electronic Visit Verification [EVV] systems by January 1, 2021.
WHAT IS EVV?
EVV is a system that may include multiple point-of-care verification technologies, such as telephonic, mobile, and web-based verification inputs. The system electronically verifies the occurrence of home-or community-based service visits, identifying the time that service provision begins and ends to ensure accurate claims disbursement and safeguarding that beneficiaries who are authorized to receive services get the expected care.
EVV is used to:
- Verify visits on a real-time basis, including date, location, type of service, individual(s) providing and receiving services, and duration of service(s)
- Validate hours of work for home health employees
- Eliminate billing data entry mistakes
- Reduce costs related to paper billing and payroll
- Help combat fraud, waste, and abuse
EVV Implementation at Springbrook:
- EVV will begin in our current Mains'l software system
- Please review EVV training materials in Mains'l under 'Resources'