EXITO! 2 is an intensive small business training program designed to provide a structured and guided opportunity to build a 1-year cash flow projection for the participant’s business plan. Online and in-person classes are conducted in English and Spanish based on the needs of the class. Each participant will prepare a best-effort draft of the cash flow plan, and then progressively refine the plan over the course of six progressive training sessions. We anticipate the majority of sessions will be held virtually.
The program will begin with an overview of the cash flow statement and its use, the major elements (revenue, direct and indirect costs, taxes and the summary) and will progress to using the statement as a tool for analyzing the business. The program will also explore the relationship between the business plan and the cash flow statement and will culminate in each participant making a presentation of her revised business plan and cash flow statement.
Included in the instructional sequence is a session using PeopleMap to assess the participant’s personal style and its likely impact on her relationships with customers, suppliers and team members. This program will also include optional one on one mentoring sessions. As a client of the WISE Women’s Business Center, you are also eligible for free one on one small business coaching sessions and other training offerings.
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 15, 2020
If you find you need assistance with the application please contact the WISE Women’s Business Center, (315) 443-8634, email@example.com. Do you need to speak to our team in Spanish. Please request a call via email by writing, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application and Program Dates
Application Deadline: May 15, 2020*
Orientation Date: May 19, 2020*
Start Date: Tuesday, May 26*
End Date: On or before Tuesday, July 21*
*All sessions to be held @ 5:30 p.m.
Key Program Features
- Virtual orientation session
- Sessions available in English and Spanish
- Access to DreamBuilder online class available in Spanish and English
- 6 instructor-led sessions of EXITO!2. Classes will be held virtually until it is safe to reopen the WISE Women’s Business Center. Once the center is reopened, classes will be held at the WISE WBC, located in Downtown Syracuse.
- Optional instructor-led Tools to Mastery sessions
- No cost optional mentoring and individual one on one business coaching
- Networking with peers and instructors
- Submit an online application available here
- Attend mandatory orientation meeting; May 19, 2020 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Complete online coursework (estimated at 12 hours)
- Attend six sessions to review online work – EXITO! 2 – Prepare to Launch, Cash Flow Projections; Tuesday, May 26 – Tuesday, July 21 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Optional mentoring sessions and Tools to Mastery classes available
- Program graduation in the winter of 2020 with EXITO! 3 graduates (you will have the option to complete this program in the fall of 2020 upon completion of EXITO! 2)
Qualifications and Cost
EXITO! 2 is available to accepted applicants, presented by the WISE Women’s Business Center and funded by the KeyBank Boost & Build Program. Qualified participants attend at no cost. This program is valued at $1000 per participant. For your application to be accepted, you will need to have: a draft of your business plan and a feasible business idea. EXITO! level 1 graduates are automatically qualified, but must still apply for consideration.
We anticipate, some, if not all, classes will be held virtually via Zoom.
To apply, please click on the link below and complete the online application. After you have submitted your application, you will be contacted by the program coordinator and asked to attend a mandatory virtual orientation on May 19 @ 5:30 p.m. Accepted applicants will receive detailed information to include a class calendar and access instructions for the online curriculum.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel before the program begins, you are fully eligible for future WISE WBC trainings and counseling. If you cancel after the program begins your eligibility for future programs will be reviewed on a case by case basis. To cancel, call (315) 443-8634 or email, email@example.com.
Disability Statement: For in-person classes, reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations.
Childcare Accommodations: For in-person classes, reasonable accommodations for students needing childcare assistance will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact email@example.com to request.