We are so pleased with the successful start to our school year. We are halfway through the first quarter and we have 115 students on campus and 15 students who selected online access prior to the school year starting. We are proud of our staff and students for the ways they have navigated the changes to this school year. They have embraced new routines, making choices that keep others and their own safety in mind. We feel very fortunate to be able to say we have had zero positive cases of COVID-19 within our school community. Thank you partnering with us to keep our students, faculty and staff healthy.
As we shared in our Return to School Plan, we will be re-evaluating policies on a consistent basis to make sure we are doing what is best for all.
Beginning September 14th:
- We will maintain a closed campus to outside visitors.
- Students will remain in class cohorts and will begin visiting the resource classrooms.
- Students will “sanitize in, sanitize out” using the newly installed sanitizing stations located outside each cottage.
- Surfaces will be sanitized between classes.
- For 1st - 8th grades, classes will rotate participating in Chapel in the sanctuary. They will maintain social distance and wear face coverings. When a class is not in the sanctuary, they will view chapel online in their classroom.
- Chapel for PK3-Kindergarten will be on Wednesday mornings, in the church sanctuary, where students can maintain social distance and wear face coverings. This service will only be for PK3-Kindergarten students.
- We will continue temperature checks in morning carpool. Please keep any student home AND inform the office if they have had COVID symptoms, have taken fever-reducing medication, or have come in contact with anyone with COVID or quarantining for COVID.
- Afternoon dismissal will continue from homeroom classes.
- If a student is absent, for any reason, PLEASE communicate with the front office the day of the absence. If the student has any COVID symptoms, the student must see a doctor and obtain a medical release, prior to returning to campus.
- We will continue the use of face coverings for all adults. Kindergarten - 8th grade students will be expected to wear face coverings during drop off and pick up, and while inside their classrooms. PK3 and PK4 students will be expected to wear a face covering during drop off and pick up.
- We will reevaluate our safety precautions and communicate any changes prior to the weekend of October 9th.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Head of School