Carbon Monoxide - The Invisible Killer

It's important to stay warm on these freezing cold days, but did you know that the colder weather also puts you at  higher risk for carbon monoxide poisoning? 

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, toxic gas that is a by-product of burning fuel. It takes very little of it to be harmful and in large quantities, it is lethal. 

CO gas is generated in the home through the use of heating and cooking appliances and environmental tobacco smoke. Gasoline, kerosene, home heating fuels, firewood and charcoal all release carbon monoxide when burned. 

Most accidental carbon monoxide poisonings happen in colder weather. The Connecticut Poison Control Center receives at least five calls per week about reported CO poisonings during the winter months and each year, approximately 10,000 people seek medical help for carbon monoxide exposure and some 1,000 die from it. 

The good news is that you CAN take steps to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Click on the Skull and Crossbones above and watch this short, but important video that explains causes and symptoms of CO poisoning as well as what you can do to keep your house and family safe from this Invisible Killer. 

Please stay safe and warm!

Ron Rivard
Eagle Home Inspections
Your offer(s) should cover
TEXT or CALL (203) 640-2053