Close to 200 Hamilton based employers have already completed our survey and are sharing important information with Workforce Planning Hamilton. A complete report on the EmployerOne findings will be published by the end of March.
What have we learned to date?
- The increase in the minimum wage to $14 per hour has affected local employers in negative and positive ways
- Negative: 46% report they had to increase prices for goods/services to customers
- Positive: 11% report improved job performance and productive from their employees
- 85% of employers say they plan to hire over the next year
- Over 50% say the number of their employees is growing
- 67% say some positions were hard to fill
If you are a Hamilton based employer and have not completed the survey we would like to hear from you!
By taking 5-10 minutes to complete this survey, you are eligible to win a free booth at the Connect to Careers Job Fair on February 5, 2019 (a $600+ value and access to over 2,500 students and recent grads).
(Our apologies if you have previously received this information. Please complete the survey only once.)