|Hello Mt. Lookout -
This Wednesday and Thursday evening between 5pm and 7pm, the Ohio Department of Transportation is hosting open houses to get public input on proposed travel and access improvements in the central Eastern Corridor area. This area extends between the Beechmont Levee and Eastgate.
MANY OF THE CONCEPTS BEING PRESENTED AT THESE SESSIONS WILL AFFECT MT. LOOKOUT AND OUR RESIDENTS. More specifically, there are a number of small and moderate improvements being proposed that have the potential to:
- Decrease traffic cutting through Mt. Lookout
- Slow down traffic coming off the Beechmont Levee and into Mt. Lookout (at least initially)
- Add pedestrian crossings at the intersection of Linwood and Beechmont (near Grand Beech and the NIOSH building)
- Provide a new, direct connection between Wilmer and Wooster (thus eliminating the need to travel around Beechmont Circle to get from Wilmer to Wooster and vice versa)
- Improve bicycle and pedestrian access across the railroad tracks that parallel Eastern, making it easier and safer to get to Armleder
- Provide bike access from Armleder to Mariemont, making it easier to connect to the Little Miami trail
- Modify the intersection of Red Bank and Columbia Parkway, improving a connection that many of our residents use (and others coming from the east could use more often)
We encourage you to attend one of these two open houses to:
- Help ODOT fine-tune proposed concepts and evaluate which solutions make the most sense
- Demonstrate our community's support for improvements that benefit Mt. Lookout
Right now, there is limited money available to implement proposed concepts. Local support for the improvements can go a long way toward bumping a project up in the priority list.
Miami Valley Christian Academy
6830 School Street
Newtown, OH 45244
Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
R.G. Cribbet Recreation Center
5903 Hawthorne Avenue
Fairfax, OH 45227
We hope to see you there!
The MLCC Board