• Why not join the Monday Walkers for a 45 minute stroll through Lake Bluff? Meet @ the church office @ 10:00 a.m. on Monday morning.
• By the way, Mary Fasel (pictured) is the Queen of the Walkers - she's not missed a Monday Walk, even when it was in the single digits w/snow!
• Beginning this week, our Sunday Gazebo Services will be videotaped and sent out on Mondays. During the Gazebo and Beach seasons, we will not be doing Studio Services.
• We have had several people ask about bringing produce for the Food Drive. If you have produce or perishables, please bring them to the van on Thursday by 5 p.m. or Friday morning by 11 a.m. John takes the food at 11:30 a.m. each Friday. Thank you for donating and keeping Beacon Place & El Puente supplied with food - remember, the truck is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Church Ladies Happy Hour continues to grow! We meet by Zoom on the last Thursday of each month, and if you would like to join us on 4/29, please email Pam. When we meet the end of April, we'll be sharing our favorite mocktail or cocktail recipes. In May we'll meet in person on the church patio to enjoy these beverages together! In March we shared our favorite dessert recipes - here is a sample of a special recipe we received from Mary Carolyn Embry. It's her Mother’s favorite recipe for homemade chocolate sauce.
Mimi's Chocolate Sauce
3 Tbl. butter
1 square of dark chocolate
1/2 to 2/3 cup of half and half
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
salt to taste
Melt butter and chocolate
Add 1/2 and 1/2 and stir and let it come to a bubbly stage.
Add sugar and continue to cook to desired consistency.