Graduation Information From Dr. Feldman:
Good morning, District 9 Community.
We hope this message finds you well and healthy. Dr. Feldman would like to share updates on graduation ceremonies and special senior recognition. Please feel free to share this with your communities to help make this a memorable moment for our seniors who are most deserving of it.
Students and their families, M-DCPS employees, community and media partners, and the public- at-large are encouraged to support the campaign and the culminating day by using social media, putting together their own recognition opportunities, airing the M-DCPS Senior Recognition public service announcement, and featuring Class of 2020 graduates in news stories on air, online, and in print publications.
To assist in this effort, the District will highlight seniors for the next five weeks, following the schedule below:
• Week of April 27 – May 1: College and athletic scholarships recipients
• Week of May 4 – 8: Military and first-generation grads or other outstanding achievements, including exemplary community service
• Week of May 11 – 15: Top 10 percent of graduates and Silver Knight award nominees
• Monday, May 18 & Tuesday, May 19 – Recognition of all seniors
• Wednesday, May 20 – Community-wide Senior Recognition Day
On May 20, schools will be encouraged to post “Class of 2020” photos and students will be asked to share videos of special memories on social media platforms using the following hashtags:
• #SeniorSpotlight #District9 #D9Rocks
The community is also invited to express congratulations via social media utilizing these hashtags to collectively acknowledge the accomplishments of the Class of 2020.
For the most up-to-date information, please download the Dadeschools mobile app to your iPhone or Android device. Follow us on Twitter @mdcps and @miamisup, on Instagram @miamischools and @miamisup, and on Facebook at MiamiSchools and AlbertoCarvalho & Follow District 9 on Twitter @Larry_Feldman, on Instagram @lfeldmand9, and on Facebook Larry Feldman.