Some typical submitted written responses
"We have had several concerned customers, and so far have been able to push back their arrival dates to later in the season. We are waiting to see what travel restrictions will be in effect as we get closer to the start for season. If travel shuts down altogether, we may find ourselves in dire straits. So far, our regular local staff are expecting to return as usual ~ because we still have 2 months to go, but this may change too? Outside regular help want to return, but how will quarantine's affect their start date? Lots of unknowns."
"We have lost 100% of our May business for both charters and lodging due to COVID-19. Many of our June clients are ready to cancel, if needed, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. We have kindly asked them to wait it out a bit longer, in hopes that they can still come up. But, many are currently laid off of work until further notice, making Alaska vacations at this time, financially tight."
"Not knowing if there will be a season or not I do not know if I will have any employees. If things open up for travel in July I will need my normal 15 employees at this time. But I have only had cancelations so far into June. If i get more cancellations into July and August I would probably need less employees or not open up at all if it is not profitable. As of today I can not tell any employee when their start date is. I am operating on wait and see."