Welcome, Sales Reps, to the first Edelweiss newsletter created just for you!
Let’s get right to the point. Our goal is to help you, our power users, use Edelweiss to the fullest. Please let me know what content you'd like to see in future quarterly newsletters!
Rep Edelweiss Training
Whether you're new or just want to brush up on basics, check out our
new training page
Markup Do’s and Don’ts
What makes an effective markup? Every situation is different, but here are some things to know:
- Book buyers are known to hide “Content” when scrolling through a catalog. They rely on your markups to introduce them to titles!
- Creating something, even if it's short, is better than nothing.
- Make it personal! Buyers can tell when you cut and paste.
- Buyers filter and refine big catalogs.
- Priorities are powerful but use judiciously. Always identify featured and highlighted titles.
- Tags are actionable. If a title can be classified simply, tag it! Examples include: special discount, rep favorite, graphic novel, holiday, regional, bilingual, author tour, etc.
- Add relevant links to your markup. (Resize if they are too big!)
Personal Notes Are Now Date-Stamped
Many reps make use of personal notes (as opposed to markup notes) to remind themselves of new information during buyer visits. They're now date-stamped to help you stay organized!