As the number of confirmed cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to rise in our community, we want to share with you the precautionary steps Edgeworks is taking to help reduce the spread of the virus.
First and foremost, the health and well-being of our members, guests, and staff is incredibly important to us. Therefore, the following steps are already underway:
- More Frequent Facility Cleanings: While we’ve always worked hard to maintain a clean facility, we are increasing the frequency and potency in our commonly-used, high-touch areas.
- Free Membership Freezes: As of March 9, all memberships paid on a monthly/EFT basis can be frozen at no cost to those members. The duration of this "free freeze" will be monitored and assessed by Edgeworks on a monthly basis.
- Commonly Shared Fitness Equipment: Beginning March 12, we will temporarily require all members and guests to supply their own mats and blocks for Fitness classes and workouts. Additionally, members and guests are strongly encouraged to thoroughly wipe down all equipment before and after use.
- Reduced Groups & Events: Effective immediately, our monthly Climbers' Socials, meet-up groups and discount climb nights are temporarily suspended/cancelled.
- Feeling Sick? Please Stay Home: We’ve communicated with our staff that if they feel sick, they must stay home. We’re also asking the same of our members and guests. Please be considerate of fellow climbers and staff.
- Know the Symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Cough and/or sore throat
Shortness of breath
If you do join us at the gym, please follow these steps to help keep our community healthy:
- Wash your hands before and after climbing
- Remove your climbing shoes before entering bathrooms
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue
We are continuing to monitor things very closely – including school and office closures in the area and will continue to share updates via email and on our social media accounts.