We are eight weeks away from our 3rd Annual United Macedonian Diaspora Global Conference!
Time is running out to take advantage of the $50 registration fee discount, which ends at midnight Saturday, April 30th. What are you waiting for? Be a part of it all. Register today!
Please join us for two and a half days of an unforgettable celebration of 20 years of Macedonian independence! Hear insights from the movers and shakers that had an impact in Macedonia's history, debate, dine, network, learn, and refine your advocacy skills at THE premiere Macedonian event in 2011.
UMD Board of Directors have invited a diverse array of heads of state, political, military, and business leaders, and religious figures:
* President Kiro Gligorov, 1st President of the Republic of Macedonia
* President Gjorge Ivanov, 4th and current President of the Republic of Macedonia
* President Barack Obama, 44th and current President of the United States
* President George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
* Mrs. Wilma Trajkovska, former First Lady and widow of 2nd President of the Republic of Macedonia, Boris Trajkovski
* H.E. Nikola Gruevski, current Prime Minister of the Republic of Macedonia
* His Beatitude g. g. Stefan, Archbishop of the Macedonian Orthodox Church
* His Grace Metropolitan Metodij of the American-Canadian Macedonian Orthodox Diocese
* Vice President Joseph Biden, 47th and current Vice President of the United States
* Secretary Hillary R. Clinton, 67th and current Secretary of State of the United States
* Secretary Lawrence S. Eagleburger, 62nd Secretary of State of the United States
* H.E. Carl Bildt, current Foreign Minister of Sweden
* H.E. Ahmet Davutoglu, current Foreign Minister of Turkey
* H.E. Antonio Milososki, current Foreign Minister of Macedonia
* H.E. Gligor Tashkovich, 1st Macedonian Minister of Foreign Investments
* U.S. Senator Dennis DeConcini, former U.S. Senator from the State of Arizona
* U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey
* U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut
* U.S. Senator John McCain of Arizona
* Congressman Earl Pomeroy, former U.S. Representative from the State of North Dakota
* George Atanasoski, prominent Florida-based Macedonian-American business leader
* Michael and Marian Ilitch, prominent Michigan-based Macedonian-American business leaders
* The Honorable Christopher R. Hill, 1st U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Macedonia
* H.E. Dr. Zoran Jolevski, current Macedonian Ambassador to the United States
* The Honorable Philip T. Reeker, current U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Macedonia
* Vermont National Guard Major General Michael Dubie
Just to name a few...to see who has confirmed, click HERE.
Please plan to bring your entire family and tell all your friends, as Washington, D.C. has plenty to offer, including monuments, museums, tours of Congress and the White House, and much more...UMD is planning wonderful cultural evening programs featuring folk performances, dancing, and traditional Macedonian delicacies.
Rooms at the J.W. Marriott Hotel - the venue for the UMD Global Conference - are booking fast! Don't miss out on being in the center of it all, book today to take advantage of our $189 plus tax room rate per night. This rate is only available until May 15, 2011, so please do not miss out! Click HERE to book your room!
At the 2011 UMD Global Conference...You will meet those who make the decisions and influence public opinion. You will learn advocacy skills. You will be among Macedonians and friends of Macedonia from across the country and around the world. You will make a difference at a time when our voices must be heard.
Register TODAY! Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity!
If you have any questions, or need anymore information, please do not hesitate to contact either UMD President Meto Koloski firstname.lastname@example.org, or UMD Global Conference Coordinator Diana Booth email@example.com, or contact them at (202) 756-2244.
I look forward to seeing you in June!
Ambassador Ljubica Z. Acevska
Honorary Chair, 2011 UMD Global Conference
Watch the Conference Promo Video by clicking HERE! and please spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, your Blog, LinkedIn, etc... and e-mail all your family and friends! Thank you!