Welcome to the 2017-18 Puesta del Sol school year from your PTA Board of Directors!
We are so incredibly excited for the upcoming year and all that it will have in store for our school community. Our PTA has a longstanding tradition of placing our children at the center of our mission and values, as well as constantly finding ways to engage and build our school community. Our students, staff, parents and local community members are all integral to a school's success and the PTA is a key way we can all support our school.
The beginning of the school year can always seem so overwhelming for our children, school staff and parents alike. There will be many upcoming fun and engaging ways to get involved within our Puesta del Sol community and so we invite you to refer to our many forms of PTA communication methods to learn about ways you and your family can jump start into this year. We have a
PTA Facebook Page
, a beautiful and comprehensive
and our PTA El Sol Newsletter that comes out every other week.
So what are the first basic steps that everyone should be looking to do right now?
- Head to our website to start on the First Day Forms.
- Sign up now to become PTA members. There are so many incredible benefits, first and foremost being that it gives you a VOICE to be an advocate for our children.
- Mark your calendars and plan to attend our first PTA General Membership Meeting on Wednesday, September 27th at 6pm at Puesta del Sol.
- Review the many different committees, events and volunteer opportunities that provide a chance to get involved in our community, and consider how you would like to participate this year.
- Enjoy these last precious days of summer and get excited for all we have to look forward to this school year.
We look forward to getting to know you this school year!
Emily Atar and Amy Ulrich
Puesta del Sol PTA Co-Presidents