Helicopter Lift: 50 E Bellevue Place
Midwest Helicopter was hired by 50 E Bellevue to lift rooftop units onto their building on Saturday, April 9 at 9am. The lift will take 30 minutes. During the lift, the following will be closed:
- Bellevue, from State to LSD
- Rush, from Cedar to Oak
There will be barricades, detour signs, and police officers in-place throughout the lift.
20 N. Wacker Drive
On Tuesday, April 12, from 6am-8pm, Levinson Locations will be filming at 20 N Wacker Drive. During the filming, parking will be prohibited at the following locations:
- East side of N Upper Wacker Drive from W Washington Street to W Madison Street
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Carly Katz (location manager) at (847) 651-9182.
On Thursday, April 14, from 1pm-10pm, Chicago Fire will be filming at the Cultural Center located at 78 E. Washington. During the filming, parking will be prohibited at the following locations:
- East Side of Garland Court From Randolph To Washington
- North Side of Washington From Wabash To Michigan
- Both Sides of Wabash From Benton Place To Madison
- South Side of Upper Randolph From Columbus to Field
There will be intermittent traffic closures on Washington, from Wabash to Madison from 7:30pm-9:30pm.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Will Higgins (location manager) 773-525-2326
Lake Shore Drive Bridge Testing Closure
CDOT will be performing maintenance and testing on the Lake Shore Drive Bridge during the following dates/times:
- Monday, April 11 - Saturday, April 15 from 10pm - 5am.
- Monday, April 18 - Saturday, April 22 from 10pm - 5am
While maintenance and testing is being performed, Upper Lake Shore Drive, from Illinois to Randolph will be closed. Additionally, Lower Lake Shore Drive, from Grand to Lower Wacker Drive will be closed.
The bridge testing will involve raising and lowering the bridge on numerous occasions to test and calibrate the new equipment. Flashing lights and bells will be active to test the new safety gates and warning bells - during bridge movements.
Southbound traffic will be redirected from Lake Shore Drive to westbound Grand Avenue, to southbound Columbus Drive, to eastbound Lower Wacker Drive and back to Lake Shore Drive. Northbound traffic will be redirected from Lake Shore Drive onto the Randolph ramp to westbound Lower Wacker Drive, to northbound Columbus Drive, to eastbound Illinois Street and back to Lake Shore Drive.
Crane Lift: 640 N Wabash Avenue
On Saturday, April 16, from 8am-8pm, there will be a crane lift at 640 N Wabash Avenue. During the lift, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk on the west side of Wabash, from Erie to a point 100' south thereof
- Curb lane on the west side of Wabash, from Erie to a point 100' south thereof
- One southbound traffic lane on Wabash, from Erie to a point 100' south thereof
There will be barricades and flaggers in-place throughout the lift.
Planned Demonstration: 100 West Erie Street
On Saturday, April 16, from 2:30-5:30pm there is a planned demonstration at 100 West Erie Street.
Helicopter Lift: 1 East Wacker Drive
Midwest Helicopter was hired to lift HVAC units onto the roof at 1 E Wacker on Saturday, April 23 from 9am to 11am. During the lift, vehicular and pedestrian access will be prohibited at the following locations:
- State, from Lake to just north of the Chicago River
- Wacker, from Wabash to Dearborn
They will have detour signs and CPD in-place throughout the lift.
Chicago March of Babies
March of Dimes is hosting the Chicago March of Babies in Arvey Park on Sunday, April 24 from 8am-12pm. This is a walking event. Participants will walk from Arvey Field on Columbus, north to Jackson, east to the Lakefront, and back to Arvery.
Crane Lift: 7 West Monroe Street
On Friday, May 13 and Saturday, May 15 from 8am-8pm there will be a crane lift at 7 West Monroe Street. Throughout the lift, Monroe, from State to Dearborn will be closed to vehicular traffic. The crane will remain on-site during the overnight hours.
There will be barricades, detour signs, and traffic control on-site throughout the lift.
Gas Main Replacement - Michigan, Chestnut to Cedar
Peoples Gas continues it's gas main replacement on the west side of Michigan Avenue, from Chestnut to Cedar. Work hours may vary throughout the project, but are currently anticipated to be 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
All openings will be covered and secured during non-work hours. This portion of the gas main replacement is expected to last 3-6 weeks.
Gas Main Replacement - Michigan, Monroe to Lake
On Monday, February 7, Peoples Gas began a gas main replacement on the west side of Michigan Avenue, from Monroe to Lake. Work hours will be 9am-4pm.
This project is expected to be completed in July 2022 (weather dependent).
214 West Erie Street Renovations
On Monday, December 13, Crane Construction began renovations of 214 West Erie Street. During construction, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk/curb lane in front of 214 West Erie Street. The curb lane will be used as a pedestrian walkway. Crane Construction will place jersey barriers and ramps in the curb lane to protect pedestrians and provide wheelchair access.
- Close 100' of the north/south alley adjacent to 214 W Erie Street. This is a T alley and residents of 222 W Erie will still be able to access their parking garage from the alley entrance on Franklin and Huron.
This project is expected to be completed summer of 2022 (weather dependent).
LG Construction: 751 N. Hudson and 451 W Chicago
LG Construction has recently broke ground at 751 N. Hudson Avenue and 451 W. Chicago Avenue, which are adjacent parcels. Work hours will be 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Throughout the project, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane of the east side of Hudson, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane on the west side of Sedgwick, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane on the south side of Chicago, from Hudson to Sedgwick
There will be a protected pedestrian walkway in the curb lane on the south side of Chicago Avenue, from Hudson Avenue to Sedgwick Street.
This project is expected to take 18 months to complete (weather dependent).
354 North Union Construction
The Onni Group is constructing a 33 story residential building with 373 units. Work hours will be 8am-8pm, daily.
Parking will be prohibited on North Union, from West Kinzie to the cul-de-sac west thereof throughout the project. All construction equipment and vehicles will be staged on the Onni Group’s property. This project will take approximately two years to complete.
430 N. Michigan Lobby Renovation
Starting in mid-September, GNP Realty Partners will be renovating the lobby at 430 N. Michigan Avenue. Throughout the project, there will be a 40’ urban canopy on the sidewalk in front of the building. In order to place the canopy on the sidewalk, the planter bed and City Information Panel (CIP) at this location will be temporarily removed. Both the planter bed and CIP will be reinstalled upon completion of the project.
The project is expected to be completed in May 2022.
South Water Street Viaduct Replacement
In March 2021, the Chicago Department of Transportation began demolition of the South Water Street Viaduct, between Lower Beaubien Court and Stetson Street. Work hours are 8am-8pm, daily.
As of May 10, vehicular and pedestrian access will be prohibited on the Upper and Lower levels of South Water Street, between Lower Beaubien Court and North Stetson Street. There will be barricades and detour signs in-place throughout the duration of the project.
This project is expected to be completed in July 2022 (weather dependent).
Overnight Parking Ban Downtown
Until further notice, overnight parking will be restricted on the following streets during the weekend:
- Both sides of Oak, between Michigan and Clark
- South side of Oak, between LaSalle and Wells
- Both sides of Chicago, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Ohio, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Hubbard, between Michigan and Wells
- North side of Illinois, between Dearborn and Clark
- Both sides of Illinois, between Wabash and Dearborn
- Both sides of Rush, between Grand and Ohio
- Both sides of Rush, between Erie and Oak
- Both sides of Wabash, between the Chicago River and Grand
- Both sides of State, between Kinzie and Oak
- Both sides of Erie, from Rush to Wells
- Both sides of Huron from Rush to Dearborn
- Both sides of New Street, from Illinois to North Water
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Monroe to Balbo
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Wabash to Michigan
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Franklin to Columbus
- Both sides of Wacker Drive, from State to Wabash
- Both sides of Stetson, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Beaubien Court, from Randolph to Lake
- Both sides of Randolph, from Harbor to Michigan
- Both sides of Ohio, from Michigan to Fairbanks
- West side of Larrabee, from Erie to Huron
As always, please make sure to read all posted signage before parking your vehicle downtown.