Emerging Athletes learning from Kip Rosenthal and Nanci Snyder this week at Los Angeles Equestrian Center
Free auditing available at the session
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 27, 2018
Athletes from Zones 9 and 10 have arrived at Los Angeles Equestrian Center to participate in the Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund/USHJA Emerging Athletes Program Regional Training Session with clinicians Kip Rosenthal and Nanci Snyder, which runs through July 1.
The U.S. Hunter Jumper Association congratulates the following members who have been accepted to participate in this session:
- Amelie Louise Bittar, 14, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Adele Bonomi, 16, San Francisco, Calif.
- Maud Christal, 13, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Emily Diraffaele, 16, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Cordelia Jane Edwards, 16, Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- Ava Ehteshami, 15, Palomar Park, Calif.
- Elizabeth Evans, 25, Encino, Calif.
- Mary Galletti, 25, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Tazmyn Geere, 17, Henderson, Nev.
- Tiffany Geere, 11, Henderson, Nev.
- Avery Hamilton, 16, Cardiff, Calif.
- Grace Hill, 15, Anacortes, Wash.
- Ava Horowitz, 13, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Rose Kauffman-Skloff, 18, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Mackenzie Kelley, 14, Santa Rosa Valley, Calif.
- Tess Kersey, 18, Long Beach, Calif.
- Jerra Mays, 22, Hemet, Calif.
- Brooke Mostman, 13, Calabasas, Calif.
- Tabitha Okitsu, 15, South Pasadena, Calif.
- Lola Stern, 13, Malibu, Calif.
- Ciara Tetreault, 16, Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Emily Williams, 16, Newhall, Calif.
- Skylar Wireman, 13, Bonsall, Calif.
Sessions are held over five days with athletes participating in mounted flatwork, gymnastics exercises and coursework as well as intensive stable management lessons. Athletes also spend time auditing and hearing presentations from guest speakers at the sessions.
Free auditing is available to the public for the riding portions of the session at LA Equestrian Center.
There will be five other Regional Training Sessions this year in Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio and Virginia. To view the calendar of the sessions, click here.
Following the Regional Training Sessions, 16 of the Regional Training Session participants and a select number of stable managers will be invited to attend the National Training Session Nov. 8-11 at University of Findlay in Ohio.
The USHJA extends its gratitude to 2018 EAP Regional Training Session hosts Centenary University, Colorado Horse Park, Georgia International Horse Park, Great Southwest Equestrian Center, HITS Balmoral, Los Angeles Equestrian Center, Maplewood Stables, Mount Holyoke College, Virginia Horse Center and World Equestrian Center.
Special thanks to the Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund for their title sponsorship of the Emerging Athletes Program. The Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund was founded by Lindsay Maxwell in 2016 as a means to formalize her commitment to charitable giving. The Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund supports events, organizations and programs that align with Maxwell's philanthropic priorities and values including improving the lives of children with special needs, enabling access to educational opportunities and providing care, compassion and protection to animals.
The Emerging Athletes Program is also supported in part by a generous grant from US Equestrian, as well as individual donors through the USHJA Foundation.
For more information, please visit