Did you know that your local may offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) like Empathia?
Empathia provides life, work, family and wellbeing services to help employers and employers get through extraordinary times like these.
Their dedicated assistance services include the following:
- Financial and legal counseling
- Caring for an elderly parent
- Substance abuse
- Mental health concerns
- Stress management
- Parenting and child care concerns
- Marital issues
In addition, please remember that SMOHIT provides a 24/7 Helpline for all members and their families free of charge. The voice on the other end is Daria Todor, a licensed social worker and addictions counselor, who worked as an employee assistance program counselor with Washington, D.C.-area airline employees following Sept. 11.
Calls to the Helpline —
— are kept professional and strictly confidential.
Examples of problems people call about:
- Grief, trauma and loss
- Alcohol and other drug issues
- Depression and suicidal thoughts, PTSD
- Anxiety, fears
- Family: relationship with spouse/partner/family of origin issues, parenting concerns, aging parents/caregiving fatigue
- Work Issues: coping with difficult people/bosses; work stress/deciding when to retire
- Stress related to debt
We hope you will take advantage of this vital resource.