This position provides executive leadership of all functional activities of the AJAA organization. The position requires a self-motivated individual, ability to lead a successful team, and provides efficient and effective communication both internally and externally of the organization. This position provides successful management of all organizational, performance, and financial management of the organization, including management of all personnel within the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
• Leads the organization in achieving all objectives identified by internal and external stakeholders.
• Manages staff, vendors, and volunteers of all efforts of the organization.
• Champions long term and positive community relations with all supporters, sponsors, and potential stakeholders within the community.
• Develops and maintains key sponsorship opportunities for the organization including strategic improvement plans for targeted growth opportunities.
• Develops and maintains fundraising efforts by program, including special event fundraising efforts.
• Provides financial oversight of the organization including preparation of financial budgets, financial reporting, and meeting key indicators to the Board of Directors.
• Works with program related Commissioners to develop budgets and financial reporting to meet the success of the program direction and goals.
• Prepares and manages all communications to the Board of Directors and meets monthly for successful business practices.
• Manages and maintains positive presence with volunteers and participants by effectively communicating on any concerns and/or issues.
• Attends various sports related meetings to offer an executive presence to all programs as time permits.
• Works independently, and within a team, on any non-recurring tasks/activities directed by the Board of Directors.
• Leadership and Executive Management
• Communication Efficiency
• Time Management and Organizational Skills
• Critical/Strategic Thinking
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Professionalism and Diplomacy • Computer Literacy
• Personnel Management
• Task and Schedule Flexibility Required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 5-7 years of Executive Management Experience, Not for Profit Organization Experience is Preferred
• Accounting/Sales Background is preferred.
This position has supervisory responsibilities of all organizational staff such as Director of Operations, Facilities Manager, and Administrative Assistant.
This position is primarily a sedentary role; however, some travel or field work is required for management. This would require the ability to occasionally lift equipment up to 50lbs, ability to walk, reach above the waist, push/pull, and bend/stand as needed.
This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This position is required to travel locally to AJAA related events and meetings.
5-7 years of Executive Management Experience, Not for Profit Organization Experience is Preferred • Accounting/Sales Background is preferred.
For more information on how to get your job listing posted on Employment Buzz, email email@example.com.