Dear Accommodation Community,
One of the most devastating impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic has been on our workforce. Over the past year, many of our friends and colleagues were temporarily laid off. These are highly-trained and highly-skilled individuals who are well-versed in working with the public. And while we eagerly await the complete reopening of our industry, the Canadian Red Cross has short-term opportunities for those searching for immediate placement. The application process, job description details, compensation and all relevant details are a click away on the title of the position below.
Our role as the BC Hotel Association is to support the reopening plan for the travel economy, to provide support for our workforce and industry. By working hand-in-hand with the Red Cross, we trust this opportunity will serve to keep our treasured workforce in our communities so we can all get back to the positions we have chosen as our careers before too long.
The Canadian Red Cross is looking for caring and compassionate individuals to join their team to support the vaccine rollout in communities around the province as we continue to respond to COVID-19.
At the request of provincial and local health authorities in British Columbia the Canadian Red Cross is preparing to hire people to provide non-clinical support for vaccination clinics.
The following positions are available:
Emergency Care Workers
- Up to 6 months Full-Time, $20 to $25/hour
- This service oriented profile has for mission to contribute toward the establishment and maintenance of safe & supportive working environments for diverse populations and incorporating cultural considerations.
- Site Managers
- Up to 6 months Full-Time, $26 to $38/hour
- This leadership profile is an on-site role and will oversee/direct the work of the team to ensure a safe and consistent service delivery plan, recognize and escalate issues, barriers, hardships and strategies for service improvement.
- Deputy Operations Managers
- Up to 6 months Full-Time, $33.02/hour
- This management profile requires to organize, coordinate and align services within the geography and across Provinces engaged in similar operations and will serve as a key liaison person for external partners, agencies, and government.
Full training is provided, along with travel and accommodation if required.
Individuals will be deployed across three regions:
Island: Victoria, Langford, Duncan, Nanaimo
Interior: Kelowna, Kamloops, Trail, Vernon, Penticton, Cranbrook, Williams Lake
North: Prince George
Mandate dates: 12 of April to end of September
Please click relevant job title to apply.