The Dublin Unified School District regularly investigates methods to improve its ability to communicate with family and staff. As part of this effort, the District will implement a new text-based messaging option. During an emergency situation, the text-based solution will enable more immediate dissemination of critical information.
To activate this feature, parents must provide specific permission to allow the District to contact them via text. Some families have enabled this option through the Parent Portal, but many have not. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) does not allow the District to automatically select this option on others' behalf, so parents/guardians must go into the Parent
Portal and make the selection individually.
To update your communication preferences, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Parent Portal and log into your account:
- After login, on the left side of the page, select "Contact Preferences"
- Review all your contact preferences to make sure they are accurate
- For "Text (SMS)" options, check all boxes you feel are relevant. We highly recommend you select the "emergency" option for text messages
- At the bottom of the page, on the left side, please select "Save" to update your preferences
- If you have issues with the Parent Portal, please send questions to email@example.com
Later in March, we will conduct a district-wide test of this system, providing advanced notice via email.
Please remember, in the case of an actual emergency, our priorities are to inform the relevant local public safety agencies while ensuring the safety of our students. Only after these goals have been accomplished can we address external communications.
Dublin Unified School District Communications