Dear Norwin Families and Community Members,
As you know, Governor Wolf recently announced that Westmoreland County will be moved to the yellow phase of the state’s reopening plan as of 12:01am on Friday, May 15
After a number of discussions with principals and input from classroom teachers, the District has created an end of the school year plan in order for students to return school-issued items and collect personal belongings. Please know that our end of the year plan adheres to local, state, and CDC safety guidelines regarding social distancing and the use of masks.
However, if you have a specific health or safety concern that may preclude you from participating in our end of the year plan, please contact your building principal in order to make alternative arrangements. The District will be as flexible as possible in order to best meet the needs of our students and families.
Each school principal will share more detailed, building-specific plans by tomorrow, but in general, the following guidelines will apply:
- Collection of materials and technology will take place in each building during the week of May 18-22, 2020. All materials collections should be completed by Friday, May 22 at 3:00 p.m.
- Staff will be on hand to assist with the collection of materials.
- Specific procedures will vary by grade level and detailed information will be shared by the building principals.
Safety Requirements While in the School Buildings:
- All employees have been directed to wear masks and practice social distancing to the fullest extent possible.
- The number of students in the building will be limited during collection times and no gatherings of students, nor employees, should occur.
- Sanitizer and masks will be available and required of anyone entering the building.
- One-way traffic patterns will be observed where applicable.
Families who have borrowed technology from the District are asked to
please complete this form
, print it, and bring it with them when returning the technology. If families cannot do this because they don't have a printer, these can be filled out on site when dropping off the technology.
Finally, as we look toward the end of the school year, I would like to state that student attendance for all grades will be collected through Thursday, May 21, 2020, which will also be the last instructional day. Friday, May 22, will be an Act 80 Day with no online instruction.
Please continue to stay safe, healthy and
Dr. Jeff Taylor