Several very special Sundays are coming up!
May 8th – Recognition Sunday
In worship we will recognize all our musicians, grads, teachers and moms, since it is also Mother’s Day. There will be a special reception to honor all of them following the 9:00 am worship service in the Gathering Place.
May 15th – Service of Installation and Ordination at 4:00 pm for Lisa Chase
Join us for this very special worship service in the Meeting House in which SSPC’s new Associate Pastor, Lisa Chase, will be ordained and installed. Members of Presbytery will participate in the service along with bagpiper Jon Heller! A reception will follow. Come help us welcome Lisa to SSPC and ordained ministry as she reaches this ministry milestone in her faith journey!
May 22nd – Outdoor worship followed by strawberries and ice cream
Our annual combined worship service will be held outdoors in front of the Gathering Place, weather permitting, at 11:00 am. After worship, we will all enjoy strawberries and ice cream. There will be one worship service that day.
Make a Joyful Noise at Sanctuary Choir
The choir continues to rehearse most Wednesday evenings 7:15-8 pm. We sing most Sundays. We are ALWAYS looking for new members. The Gathering Band is always looking for singers and musicians. Please email Kyle if you are interested in playing or singing!
Upcoming Events in Christian Education
The Christian Education Committee supports the worship life of our congregation by helping Silver Spring members and friends address our inherent hunger to know and love God with our minds as well as our hearts.
Here are upcoming events from your Christian Education Committee:
● Sunday School continues for children pre-K to 12th grade. The Christian Education Committee chose the “Seasons of the Spirit” curriculum and are currently using it every Sunday. We meet in the gym, promptly at 10 am, following the first service. Children and parents are invited, as we sing, pray, read scripture, tell stories and work on projects.
● The latest addition to the SSPC Music Ministry, the SSPC Intergenerational Choir, performs during the last Sunday of each month in the Gathering Service. The newly formed SSPC Intergenerational Choir will perform with the Praise Band. Come out and support us!
● Nursery care is back! Teachers are available every Sunday during both services to watch infants and toddlers in our preschool area. Children should be 0 – 3 years old.
● The Christian Education Committee has room for two more members. If you would like to become a member and assist with building our curriculum and events for our Sunday School classes, please contact either of the co-chairs, Scott Pepperman or Laura Shoop.
● Adult Bible Study and Sunday School continue each Sunday in Room 204. We recently completed a five-week study by Max Lucado, “He Chose the Nails.” We now begin "Seasons of the Spirit." This course is for young adults, young adults with families, members of our Bible Study group, Adult Conversation group, and Adulting classes. We bring together the best of each, studying the scripture, making it relevant to our lives today, and discussing how it affects our lives. Join us each Sunday for Christianity, Conversation, and Coffee.