Calling all 1st-12th graders! Enrollment is now open for our October session of Take CedarS Home online camp. We're wrapping up a successful September session, and here's what families have to say:
- "My granddaughter loves this program and it is a welcome opportunity for her to interact with the counselors and kids her age! She has been home since March, so this is a true blessing."
- "The topic of Love stuck, so my son wrote love notes to everyone in our family and our neighbors!!! So he is getting a lot out of it. . . it is such quality interaction. Thank you, CedarS, for adding to his spiritual education!"
- "We are in a small town with a Christian Science Society, so my son and his sister are the only Sunday School students. I love that he gets to interact with other CS kids his age, even remotely."
"Just connecting with my teen and presenting spiritual ideas to her is the best. She has very little contact with others her age and absolutely no Sunday school peers so this is engaging on a social and metaphysical level. I am grateful that she has this weekly exposure."
This program gives campers an opportunity to unite with a community of spiritually-minded friends for both traditional and adapted camp activities.
HOW IT WORKS:
Groupings, Days, Times, and Costs:
- 1st-2nd grades: Tuesdays 5-6pm Central, September 29-October 27, $85
- 3rd-5th grades: Thursdays 5-6pm Central, October 1-29, $85
- 6th-8th grades (CIP): Saturdays 12:30-2pm Central, October 3-31, $125
- 9th-12th grades (JL): Saturdays 2:30-4:00pm Central, October 3-31, $125
During Zoom sessions, campers will enjoy some of these opportunities…
Engage with ideas from the week's Bible Lesson and age-appropriate discussions about self, community, and the world through the lens of Christian Science
- Participate in friendship-building activities and camp songs
- Energize during a physical activity (dance, exercise, or other fun movement)
- Meet a Christian Science practitioner, who is available to support campers as part of the program
- Be encouraged to live CedarS all week, from making beds, to helping around the house, to giving daily gratitude, to joining our weekly hymn sings, to sharing what they're learning with their home Sunday School class
- Receive a virtual quality award at the end of the session
Eligibility includes youth...
Enrolled in a Christian Science Sunday School; or
With some Christian Science background and a supportive family member; or
- New to Christian Science with a desire to explore it further
COMPUTER SUPPORT: A generous donor had made it possible to provide computers to campers who would otherwise not be able to participate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this is a need. An internet connection on your end would be required.
FORMAT: The program will be held on Zoom, an online video conferencing platform. Participants will be emailed a secure link and password. CedarS staff will facilitate the activities and monitor the session, allowing campers to have safe and productive screen time. Our goal is for parents to be able to take advantage of this opportunity to be hands-off so they can accomplish their own goals during this time.
STAFF QUALIFICATIONS & PREPARATION: We carefully select staff based on their demonstration of the qualities needed to engage your campers in a CedarS-themed, fun-filled, energetic, and wholesome experience. These sessions will be led by Program Directors, Larry Patterson and Emma Taylor.
REGISTRATION: Sign up by clicking HERE. Select "Fall Online Youth Camp."
CONTACT: If you have questions, please email email@example.com (registration questions) and firstname.lastname@example.org (program questions).
Please share this email with anyone who could be blessed by this experience, and please don’t let finances get in the way of making this work for your family. There is support available!
We look forward to seeing you this Fall!
The CedarS Team