As people all over the world deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, I wanted to let you know how Erie Materials is handling it.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Just as we wouldn't ask an employee to take a safety risk on a delivery, we won't ask them to take risks in this situation. This means we're:
- following CDC recommendations as much as possible;
- using best practices for hygiene and disinfection at all facilities;
- requiring sick employees to stay home;
- minimizing social contact;
- cancelling events such as our Expo; and
- restricting meetings and travel unless absolutely critical.
In addition to our employees, these precautions help
protect you, our vendors, and everyone else they come in contact with.
All of our locations remain open for business and we're ready to serve your building material needs. We have, however, needed to make some temporary modifications to how we do business.
- We encourage you to place your request or order by calling the branch, emailing your branch contact or submitting the form at www.eriematerials.com/urgent Complete branch contact information is at www.eriematerials.com/contact Please place your orders as early as possible.
- Whenever possible, request jobsite delivery.
- Non-employees won't be allowed to enter our buildings. We will deliver products to the entrance of the warehouse or to your vehicle.
- Our showrooms will not be available for product selection. We can provide samples or cut pieces for most products.
- Our Territory Managers will not be be making face-to-face visits but will remain available by phone or email. Our restrictions may limit their options but they'll do their best to find a safe way to fulfill your requests.
- Our service techs will be unable to visit homes.
As the situation evolves, we'll adapt our response. We will keep you informed of any changes that will affect you.
For a business with a reputation built on personal service, these changes seem drastic but are unquestionably necessary. Thank you for respecting our policies. We'll get through this together.