“Please wait as we’re experiencing extremely longer than normal hold times”, the recording goes. Or “you can also find help 24/7 online at..... Get used to it.
You can see the speed of change and it’s now not tomorrow. Moore’s Law? Yesterday. Things are heating up and not just outside.
We’re ducking online. Video is king and speaking with a live person is fading like the Padres (ouch).
But wait it’s not even the all-star break. Things are not back to normal in fact there is no normal.
Undeterred we are, aren’t we? Open up, spring forward, apply yourself, reach for the brass ring and don’t forget to close the door.
Don’t you hate to settle for anything less than what you expect? How low will we go? What is acceptable and what isn’t?
I’m not sure about you but we’re not giving up. Need a hand? I’ve got two. Just ask. The Chamber is coming back and we’re not going to take it anymore. We’re going to move forward we are not giving up and we’re convinced that we can still move the rock. Sisyphus had it easy.
Some of us have felt this pandemic much more than others. We did not fold our tent or go whimpering into the night. We’re one of the lucky ones. We’re targeted on being better and if you’re not onboard then get out of the way. This Chamber does not need to fall back on our history as we need to move to draw a bee line on the future, plan, adapt, review and measure but, we move forward. It’s time.
Here are some updates:
- Join us tomorrow morning for our monthly Economic Development meeting, the last solely virtual one, with guest speaker Rob Van De Hey, the Escondido Deputy City Manager who will discuss homelessness and more.
- Join the Chamber next Thursday, the 24th, as we hold our second of four consecutive job fairs linking up employers with job seekers and career changers. More details here.
- Congratulations to all the Rising Star students honored by their respective teachers, counselors and peers this school year. A list of scholarship winners will be announced soon...stay tuned.
- Congratulations to the Esco Alley Art team for launching their program with 12 wall murals, and a fantastic event this past Saturday. Be sure to check out these works of Art
- And yes, "The Wonderland Podcast" produced by the Chamber is ready for consumption. Here’s the link and thanks to all who have contributed so far.
And, thanks to all of you who have continued to support this Chamber. Thank you to the staff, our Ambassadors, volunteers, and a special thanks to the Board of Director’s here at the Chamber
who through these most challenging of times have given their energy, talent and resources to keep the spirit alive. New Board members are coming on soon and some are terming out after extended service, and we’d like to thank them all for their commitment to the community!
James Rowten (JR)