Teacher Appreciation Week (May 4th - May 8th)
Next week we will be honoring another group of American heroes, our educators. May 4th to May 8th is National Teacher Appreciation Week across the United States of America. If you have an Evans teacher that has truly been special this year, kindly consider sending them a message next week. It would mean a great deal as they continue to work from their homes to carry learning forward for all of our Trojans. And they will continue to do so right through the very last day of this school year.
A MESSAGE OF APPRECIATION TO OUR TEACHERS JUST IN ADVANCE OF TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK 2020!
* Thank you for finding a way to reach every kind of student at Evans High School.
* Thank you for the long, long hours you dedicate to them.
* Thank you for helping students discover passion for things they never even knew they liked.
* Thank you for staying late and even traveling out of town serving as a club sponsors, coaches, and tutors.
* Thank you for taking dollars out of your own pocket that people don't even know about for your classes and then thank you again for stretching ever so small budgets the way you do.
* Thank you for your patience with your students. Some have trouble reading. Some get anxious when they have to stand and speak. Some face challenges that cannot be seen. You know of all that and you look out for every one of them.
* Thank you for the thousands of hours of volunteer time you all put forth from August through May and especially leading into the Holiday season.
* Thank you for participating in our many professional development sessions. You set a powerful example with your continuing commitment to personal education not just to benefit your students, but something the entire private sector could learn from watching.
* Thank you for all you have done since spring break with distance learning. Your love for your students and your craft could not be more evident than during these past several weeks.
Evans teachers, please remember this as you work from home:
ALL of us are where we are today because of one or more teachers in our life. You are just as much a national asset to the United States as our armed forces, our health care workers, and our first responders. This coming May 4th to May 8th is your week. You deserve all the respect and accolades in the world for what you do. And the next time you happen to look at an American flag like the one just below, remember YOU are a major reason that our country, even during its most difficult times, is the still the greatest nation on Earth. Thank you for everything Evans educators!
Mr. Rolando Bailey
Evans High School
Monday, April 27, 2020